Some Unexpected Results to trying to kill yourself

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by firelizardee, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firelizardee

firelizardee Active Member

I've taken many overdoses in trying to kill myself and I've had some unexpected results:

* ended up having a convulsion/fit 2 or 3 times and this resulted in me being told by my GP that I couldn't drive again till I had been investigated by the DVLC. I ended up being unable to drive (legally) for about 6 months and after that having a temporary licence for 1 year and then 3 years.

* after an overdose at the end of May, I somehow managed to dislocate and fracture my shoulder. They didn't diagnose it at first in A&E that night and I was walking about for over 2 weeks before it was diagnosed. I then had to have an operation and ended up in a sling for 6 weeks and I'm still in pain. <mod edit: bunny - methods> I have no idea how the injury was done.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2007
  2. mango_goose

mango_goose Active Member

OUCH.. Maybe the overdose sent you into another siezure and that is what caused you to dislocate your shoulder...
    Hospitals are dodgy at diagnosing injurys i broke my arm 3 times... 2 times i went to the hospital for treatment to be told there was nothing wrong with it... and to find out a week later that it was broken
  3. <3ryce

<3ryce New Member

Right hand spaghetti fingers
    operation in 7 months
  4. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I'm going to tell you this from the point of view of someone who's been epileptic for close to 20 years. If you made it through that and you don't have more seizures, don't do it again. My epilepsy wasn't caused by an overdose or anything that I know of. I just started having seizures one day and that's been my life ever since. And it hasn't been fun. It's caused me so much pain and so many problems. At least half of my depression is because I have epilepsy. I'd give almost anything to be free of it.

Whatever you do, don't risk brain damage.
  5. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Hope you feel better soon
  6. life

life Well-Known Member

What is exactly a brain damege ? I am curious
  7. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Well, I guessI would say it's anything that damages your brain. Some people have epilepsy as a result of a head injury the received when they were young. I did have a few head injuries but I can't say for certain that this is what caused me to have epilepsy.

But an overdose could (In theory, I guess) cause well as liver damage or a host of other problems. Sometimes, there's just no answer for what caused it so I wouldn't risk it. Suicide attempts are likely to cause some sort of damage to your body if you survive. Because people who do it are trying to kill themselves, they ignore the potential consequences if they live. This is bad because if you live, you might decide you want to live a normal life. And that may not be possible if you sustained some kind of permanant damage during the attempt.
  8. incognito

incognito Well-Known Member

brain damage is resultant from illness or trauma.
  9. firelizardee

firelizardee Active Member

I feel so bad at times that I don't care if I permanently damage myself. As for brain damage no dr has told that is a possibility but even so, sometimes I think I'd rather end up dead or a vegetable or maybe have some kind of brain damage that would mean I wouldn't know I was depressed. Thats scary!:sad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.