Somebody blocked me on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassicsFan

I sent someone a Happy Birthday message on Facebook Messenger back in October.

A few weeks later, this person blocked me and I was just trying to be friendly to her.

Legate Lanius

I am incapable of blocking people, I feel like I need the potential information they might have. Never blocked anyone, never will. Really rude to do when someone says "Happy Birthday", too, haha. I'm sure she has her own issues and, perhaps, felt overwhelmed by Birthday wishes. Don't let it get to you, fam.

ClassicsFan

I am incapable of blocking people, I feel like I need the potential information they might have. Never blocked anyone, never will. Really rude to do when someone says "Happy Birthday", too, haha. I'm sure she has her own issues and, perhaps, felt overwhelmed by Birthday wishes. Don't let it get to you, fam.
She actually is blind. I know that I shouldn’t let it get to me, but I’m upset by this.

StrangeRanger

Just Another Heathen
It can definitely hurt when someone does that.. Its sounds like she has some negative energy to her, especially if shes commenting nasty things on forums n such & especiallyif you were just being friendly. Dont worry about it too much, some people are iffy that way*brohugtheres plenty of people who would definitely appreciate such things 🙂

I sometimes unfriend people on Facebook just because I haven't spoken to them in years. Do they get notified? I hope not
I don't have any involvement with Facebook, but imho, it might be better just to keep people, so there's no chance that any harm is done. There isn't really any advantage to unfriending them other than to tidy up your list.

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
I have a tool on my FB that alerts me when someone defriends me, it helps with my anxiety of social media at times, at least that way when someone does unfriend me I can see who and at least ask them why

ClassicsFan

It can definitely hurt when someone does that.. Its sounds like she has some negative energy to her, especially if shes commenting nasty things on forums n such & especiallyif you were just being friendly. Dont worry about it too much, some people are iffy that way*brohugtheres plenty of people who would definitely appreciate such things 🙂
She doesn’t comment about nasty things on forums at all.

I sometimes unfriend people on Facebook just because I haven't spoken to them in years. Do they get notified? I hope not
No, Facebook doesn't notify someone if they've been removed from someone's friend list. They'll only notice if they check their friend list and notice your name missing or if they were to write on your page and then notice 'add friend' aka they aren't on your list anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00