Somebody feels they know your pain? do they really?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by VLSI, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VLSI

VLSI Member

Been here and seen the messages saying they're in a similar situation, I've done that too myself but can we really share pain? I know I'm contradicting myself but I'm beginning to doubt. I don't think anyone can know your pain unless they can somehow be inside your body and access your thoughts.

We can only share pain to a certain degree but at the end of it, Its you alone by yourself. I'm always stuck in that grey area between death and courage to kill myself which tears me apart bit by bit everyday. Its just pushing me closer.

If sharing your pain helps PLEASE tell me how??? be as descriptive as possible. I really have tried. Really hard and I'm giving up. I'm loosing this battle. I feel like I'm constantly drowning. I have no friends, no spouse, no children so nothing much holding me back.

2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

I agree. I feel very alone in that nobody really knows what I deal with. I've had a history of Schizophrenia and I'm not sure if that's what my problem is or not. No matter how I describe it, I don't think anybody else can understand how much pain I'm in and how disturbing it is to me. Even on the forum, there doesn't seem to be anyone who deals with the same thing that I deal with. So I don't know if what is wrong with me is rare or not. It feels that way to me. I think that it may help for the moment sharing how I feel, but when I walk away from the computer, the pain is still there.

3. Tranquil

Tranquil Member

I think it's very hard for anyone to understand what we are feeling unless they could be inside our minds, feeling what we are feeling.
    I have had a very hard time describing my issues to everyone and getting them to "understand" how the world feels b/c they cannot see or feel it.
    To them it sounds like depression but it is not depression, it's actually a type of fear I'm experiencing that cannot be controlled by any medications.
    In fact, I don't even want to describe it here. I've looked at my situation as an outsider an it seems easy to fix as well so I can understand why
    people aren't getting it and I know that if I were to be successful in completing, people would just think I was depressed and eventually go on
    with their lives however my close family members would suffer immensely and probably blame themselves thinking there was something they could
    do. I only want someone to believe me b/c I actually want to live yet I don't know how I can live like this b/c every day is a constant struggle
    and since I can't find a solution my mind just keeps going in circles. (no not obsessing as in I need medication) lol. See I told you it is hard to explain.
    Well I came on here to post some stuff to possibly help others but I can't find the right area to post it so maybe I will find a general area to post it
    in and I thought maybe I could give people a reason to stick it out. Take care.... Tranquil

4. catecholamine

catecholamine Well-Known Member

While people may not know 100% what goes on inside your head, I think people can often relate. Somewhere out there, someone has probably gone through things very similar to you. Are on they on this forum, though? Who knows? Anything is possible.

5. VLSI

VLSI Member

@AAA3330

I have no idea how it feels to be Schizophrenic, but i looked it up and a bunch of symptoms came up. One of them is racing thoughts over and over in your mind. Schizophrenic people tend to feel suicidal so that the thoughts can stop. However there is treatment through therapy and medication. Have you tried that? how has it worked out for you?

6. VLSI

VLSI Member

@Tranquil

Is your fear more of anxiety? Do you get really awkward in situations that you would otherwise behave normally? Do your muscles tense up and you are unable to organize your speech?

7. VLSI

VLSI Member

@catecholamine

If you found a person who has gone through at least 80-90% of what you're going through would they be able to help you?

8. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

They've tried several meds on me, but they just don't phase me. My thoughts torment me and nothing has been able to stop them. The meds used to have it under control, but I've not even sure if what I'm dealing with now is Schizophrenia or not. I'm afraid that my torment will not stop until I die, but thanks for responding to my comment.

9. catecholamine

catecholamine Well-Known Member

I really, really doubt it. My problem seems to be a chemical one. Only thing that can help that is meds - and I've about exhausted all options on that front. I have schizophrenia and bipolar disorder - so now my diagnosis is "schizoaffective" since I meet both the criteria for bipolar disorder (type 1) and now schizophrenia too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.