Someday...

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Serein, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Serein

Serein SF Supporter

“Someday, maybe, there will exist a well-informed, well considered and yet fervent public conviction that the most deadly of all possible sins is the mutilation of a child’s spirit; for such mutilation undercuts the life principle of trust, without which every human act, may it feel ever so good and seem ever so right is prone to perversion by destructive forms of conscientiousness.”

-- Erik Erikson

Brittless and blacknblue like this.
  2. blacknblue

blacknblue Well-Known Member

My spirit has and will always be mutilated

3. Serein

Serein SF Supporter

I know it has. I just wish someone or something could have prevented it from happening. I wish someone could have rescued you... taken you to a safe place before the damage was already done...

4. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

it really troubles that there exists so much evil in this world. a world where children being harmed is normal. a world where hurting a woman is the normal it saddens me to come here read all these stories of rape and abuse. Somedays the news will cover a story about a abused dog , but ignore the story about the abused mother of three. Are we really becoming a society where we put dogs and cats ahead of women and children?

I smile thou when the victim is able to overcome her abuse and rise above her abuser.

Serein likes this.
  5. blacknblue

blacknblue Well-Known Member

Thank you. Have I risen above it? Despite educational and career achievements a good home and financial security the answer is no. I will never be able to overcome my abuse or rise above my abusers. The damage done is permanent, the guilt carried without end, the self-loathing limitless. The suffering is endless.

6. Serein

Serein SF Supporter

I couldn't have said it better myself. I am perplexed at how desensitized society has become to abuse, violence and human suffering of all sorts.