Someone broke into my house tonight...

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Smulen, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smulen

Smulen Member

Hi...
    So, I was sitting alone in my kitchen, having a late night snack, when my dog started barking like crazy! Then I hear footsteps and my front door slamming shut! After having a minor panic attack, I decided to check what had happened. One of my jackets were gone! I tried to remain calm, and went into my kitchen again. Only a few minutes later, I see someone walking outside in my yard. My dog start barking again, and the person I saw started to run! I'm scared out of my mind, but the police said there was nothing they could do. I then called my mom, but she said I should just go to sleep... But I wasn't even able to fall asleep BEFORE this happened...

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Check the lock - how did they manage to break it? Get locked changed + extra security. The police should have at least filed a report, or something, not just sent you away like that

3. Cpt-Fantastic

Cpt-Fantastic Banned Member

So when he saw someone was home he started running for the hills? Sounds like the guy was more scared of you than you for him. If you dont feel safe tonight, you could book a hotel for the night or ask someone to stay with you.

4. Smulen

Smulen Member

The lock was pretty much removed from the door, it's a really old door and I have been planning on changing the lock for ages... The police said it was either drunks or foreigners, and it was useless to try to catch them, as there is only two cops working the Saturday night shift... Luckily it's only dark for about three hours at night, so I feel safer now that it's light outside :)

5. Cpt-Fantastic

Then now is a good time to change the lock. Oh well if he only stole a jacket maybe he was really cold and you made a guy not freeze to death. Btw 3 hours a day night? You're lucky, are you near the north pole?

6. Smulen

Smulen Member

Well, I live 59° North, in Norway, a month ago it was only 1 hour of darkness :) I grew up above the polar circle though, so I'm used to 24/7 sun for 3 months :D Negative thing about it, is that there is also a dark period... :(

7. Smulen

Smulen Member

A group of drunk teenagers, and one angry parent just knocked on my door! Returning my jacket, and a garden chair which they had also taken! I'm relieved it was just some teenagers, and that I got my things back... But if a drunken teenager managed to break my lock... I'm even more relieved no one else has ever tried! :eek: I'm getting my lock changed today!

8. MistyMaisy

MistyMaisy Well-Known Member

They could've done anything. I'd start taking self defense classes. :/ Glad to hear it's okay and you got your stuff back! Silly teenagers. Do they live near you then?

9. Cpt-Fantastic

Happy to hear everything turned out alright, and that you got your lawn chair back :)

10. Smulen

Smulen Member

I think they live only a few blocks away :/

11. rosewinslet410

rosewinslet410 Account Closed

Spam; against our guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.