1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone help ne wrap my head around this..

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by DarlingIAdoreYou, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarlingIAdoreYou

    DarlingIAdoreYou Active Member

    Okay. So my friend is having some false charges put on him. His ex girlfriends ex boyfriend messaged him and started telling him that he was going to fight my friend because my friend raped (lets call her H) H. But the sex they had was while they were together and she was the one that asked him. She's only mad because he isn't with her anymore so she's telling everyone that he forced her into it. But he's an easy target because he's over 6 ft tall and is kinda lanky...and since she's a girl, everyone is believing her. Its really stressing all of my friends out. So someone explain this too me. Can he still get in trouble even though the charges are false?
  2. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    He needs a good lawyer to find the allegations against him. It is her word against his word and he will need to show judge with people who do him what kind of person he is hope the truth does come out it always does in the end
  3. DarlingIAdoreYou

    DarlingIAdoreYou Active Member

    The thing is that he's 15 going on 16 in few months. She's already 16
  4. smwhorses

    smwhorses Well-Known Member

    Saying she is going to charge him and having a prosecutor willing to prosecute are a very long ways apart. Until, if ever, a detective talks to him I would not worry about it. Save all the text messages to help prove harassment or to show she is just being spiteful.
  5. DarlingIAdoreYou

    DarlingIAdoreYou Active Member

    her boyfriend is the one thats telling all of my friend this.
  6. JmpMster

    JmpMster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

    Based on what you are saying finding a prosecutor willing to go forward would be a very difficult task. The fact is in genuine rape it is very hard to get a sexual assault charge moved ahead if there is an existing relationship (boyfriend/girlfriend). If viable an attorney would come in handy to consult of course but the most useful potion of that would be to have them write a letter to this third party (her new boyfriend) reminding them if they continue to talk about him they could have charges or be sued if one was to really want to be aggressive . In reality the best thing to do if there is no substance to the allegations ids to not get baited into even discussing and any discussion to be terminated with a flat denial and saying not going to discuss BS. If there ever was an actual inquiry by an investigator (which from info you have given sounds incredibly unlikely) get an attorney and say nothing.
  7. DarlingIAdoreYou

    DarlingIAdoreYou Active Member

  8. Petal

    Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

    I have first hand experience with reporting a rape as I went through it myself. He was never convicted but he is guilty of raping me when I was 12. There was not enough evidence giving that I didn't report it until years later.

    In your case he may get a ''name'' as a rapist unfortunately which is very sad. I can not see any conviction since she said it in revenge. If it were true why would she be mad at him leaving her. He may find himself in a sticky situation but I think all will be ok.

    Just my 2 cents..
  9. DarlingIAdoreYou

    DarlingIAdoreYou Active Member

    Okay. Thanks ^^^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.