Someone Help!

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by qwerty098, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qwerty098

qwerty098 Active Member

Hello,
    I don't know what is wrong. I used to just go to sleep about 11pm and wake up at about 9 or 10 am...

Now i am afraid to go to sleep in case i fall unconcious, get raped or stabbed...

I'm trying to stop myself falling asleep because if i do i fear something bad will happen to me :S.

Someoneout there.. please help.. None of my friends have ever gone through anything like this so i don't know what to do.

2. Blacksheep

Blacksheep Well-Known Member

im going to try to come up with an answer to the best of my ability since nobody else has any tips...

first off i would like to apologize in advance for anything i would say that wouldnt be any help as i dont have much experience helping people.

maybe sleep with a pet or something that could make noise if an intruder was to enter your room.(which i really hope never happens to anyone)

got a big stuffed animal? they used to help me sleep. they made me feel like if there was a burgler in the house that it would spring to life and make him go away.

keep all ways into the house locked tight, so you can reasure yourself that they would have to wake you up in order to break in.

although it has been harder to breath over the years, when i was little i would sleep with all of my covers completely covering my entire body. it was like a force field that not even god could break thru. it still feels that way, although its harder to breath like that now.

put a bell on your door. if you are a light sleeper, it would wake you if there is an intruder present.if you arent, it could scare the intruder off.

as for the fear of falling unconcious, if it is your fear that you would fall unconcious and never wake up or something to that effect, and nobody would be there to help you, ive got just the thing.
    set something up with a close friend or relative so that they know your fears and they have you call them every morning at the same time or close to it. so that both of you know that you indeed did wake up. and if you dont make the call, they would call your house and if you didnt answer, they would call the police or go there themselves and check on you. and take you to the hospital if needed.
    and if we live close by i would totally do that for you. but im not asking you to tell me where you live or trying to get to you, im just trying to help.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2007
  3. danni

danni Chat Buddy

hey hun i know what you mean in my view. Your afriad that since it happen before its gonna happen again and your to scared to go to sleep because you dont want it all rushing up to you again. Maybe i can help you, okay is there anyone that you live with that you can trust? Like blacksheep said keep all the doors in the house lock and close your blinds and lights, if you have set up ur security box and it will moniter your home when your sleeping so if anything does happen that security box will notify the police to help you out. I know your gonna through some hard stuff if you ever want to talk you can always pm me anytimes you want :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.