Someone Help

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by PandorasToybox, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

Ok I'm taking baby steps forward, but I need some help with this. I need to e-mail the counselor asking for help buuut I tend to get a sort of "verbal vomit". I need to someone word it perfectly to the counselor that everything is a mess, that things didn't work out when the other two counselors tried to "fix" things.

I dont want to blab on, but I need to get it across that things are becoming very much out of control & I need another solution. I need someone to help me get things back on track...

Can someone help me figure out how to say this stuff in a calm & collected matter? I don't want it to sound dramatic.
  2. Dragon

Dragon Staff Alumni

Most importantly it has to sound like it comes from you. If you're worried about it sounding like a 'verbal vomit' as you put it, try drafting it up in a word document first. Get it all out there, everything you feel and everything you want to say. When you've done that, take a deep breath and look through it, organise it as best you can.

Perhaps you have someone you trust who could read through it for you before you send it?
  3. PandorasToybox

Thanks for the R&R Dragon. Its just hard trying to even know what to write without sounding too desperate.I'm not really sure of what to exactly say & keep it down to like 4 sentences MAX.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just say what you just said keep it simple keep it to the point in your words. You said you need help out of control go from there tell him want you want and need take care.
  5. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Tell her what you've told us, in more detail. :) When you read back through it you'll know which parts sound right. :hug:
  6. PandorasToybox

Thanks everyone :smile:

I e-mailed the counselor & hopefully I'll hear from him tomorrow. I kept it simple & basic, but go the point out there.
  7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I hope you heard back. I'm a little late on this one but it struck me.... read your avatar and go from there. Pretend the person is looking you in the eye and just tell the truth. No cover ups, or pretending things arent as bad as they really are. Something like... my life is out of control right now (list a few specifics) and you need professional help to find resources and coping skills that can help you through this because suicidal thoughts are clouding your abilities to do that on your own. IF you got the response you were hoping for maybe you can use that as your dialogue for your first visit. Hun you have to stress to these people just how chaotic everything is for you right now. Goood luck.
  8. PandorasToybox

I heard back from him today & have an appointment tomorrow afternoon =)
  9. total eclipse

That is great hope your appointment is a successful and productive one.
  10. PandorasToybox

Thanks Mary, me too :smile: As well I hate to say it but I think my parent's seperating has pushed so far over the edge that I can't die by suicide. I don't know why but now it's like I see I can't control the outcome of everything in life, but now I have start taking care of myself.
  11. total eclipse

Right time for you and your happiness your parents have to lead their own path now You fight for you okay and continue to be that compassionate insightful person you are. I am happy you are getting help you deserve it so much because you are one that will make changes in many people's life take care.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.