Someone I know is dying.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I'm not exactly close with the person, but his daughter and I used to be friends. We're not anymore, mind you. We barely even speak to each other. Probably wouldn't speak at all if it wasn't for the fact that she's in a relationship with one of my husband's friends. But yeah. Her dad is in the hospital, and she was told earlier today that he probably only has a few hours left. So he might be gone by now; I don't know. Until this happened, he was relatively healthy, in his 50s. And they just found out that he even had it only like a week ago. That has to be fucking terrifying. One day, you're totally fine. Several days later, you find out you're dying and can't even see your family, except through a glass wall. Fuck me. I can't even imagine that. Don't want to ever have to. I wish this fucking disease would just go the fuck away already.

I'm not exactly close with the person, but his daughter and I used to be friends. We're not anymore, mind you. We barely even speak to each other. Probably wouldn't speak at all if it wasn't for the fact that she's in a relationship with one of my husband's friends
Sorry that this happening.

Offering some support or expressing some condolences might be good if they're welcome. You don't have to be super close to someone to offer a few kind words or a card or something, as long as you have reason to think that it would be well received.

Sassy Cat

SF hugger
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I'm not exactly close with the person, but his daughter and I used to be friends. We're not anymore, mind you. We barely even speak to each other. Probably wouldn't speak at all if it wasn't for the fact that she's in a relationship with one of my husband's friends. But yeah. Her dad is in the hospital, and she was told earlier today that he probably only has a few hours left. So he might be gone by now; I don't know. Until this happened, he was relatively healthy, in his 50s. And they just found out that he even had it only like a week ago. That has to be fucking terrifying. One day, you're totally fine. Several days later, you find out you're dying and can't even see your family, except through a glass wall. Fuck me. I can't even imagine that. Don't want to ever have to. I wish this fucking disease would just go the fuck away already.
*brohugHopefully they have a vaccine soon

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Sorry that this happening.

Offering some support or expressing some condolences might be good if they're welcome. You don't have to be super close to someone to offer a few kind words or a card or something, as long as you have reason to think that it would be well received.
Next time I see her, whenever that might be, I'll probably ask how she's doing and stuff. But saying something to her today probably isn't a good idea. I'm sure that she probably went and got high because of this, for one thing. And secondly, it might just be awkward coming from me since we hardly even like each other anymore.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Things like this can pull people together, at least temporarily. Might be good to stay away from her if she's getting high though.
It's not the drugs. Hell, my husband's still getting high, and I haven't been, despite the fact. It's more so how she acts now. If it wasn't for the fact of her being in a relationship with my husband's friend, it probably would have brought us closer. But ever since they got together, she completely changed for the worse. Besides, she has him for comfort. I'm irrelevant to her at this point, and vice versa. We're still civil to each other, but that's as far as that goes.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
This is ridiculous and painful how it is hitting people who are healthy and the naysayers that keeps telling everyone else its fake or it wont happen to them blah blah... this is a war that sucks right now because half of the population dont want to believe they are engaged in that war and is not part of it when they are part of it . The enemy is invisible. RIP everyone who lost their battle.

Sorry about someone you know... it sucks.

This is ridiculous and painful how it is hitting people who are healthy and the naysayers that keeps telling everyone else its fake or it wont happen to them blah blah... this is a war that sucks right now because half of the population dont want to believe they are engaged in that war and is not part of it when they are part of it . The enemy is invisible. RIP everyone who lost their battle.

Sorry about someone you know... it sucks.
Don't forget the one's who think it's real, but don't care because they're suicidal. It's not that I don't think it's real, it's that I don't care if the world burns or if I die. Do you get that? Funny I have to explain that on a suicide website; you want to delete this post SF than go right ahead, you know I'm right.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Don't forget the one's who think it's real, but don't care because they're suicidal. It's not that I don't think it's real, it's that I don't care if the world burns or if I die. Do you get that? Funny I have to explain that on a suicide website; you want to delete this post SF than go right ahead, you know I'm right.
This is a COVID-19 support section though yeah its a suicide forum after all... ironic

Yea fist bump to ya on that POV, i get it. I like what you were saying. Insane tho how its makin it worse for some and others it is making them face their own morality. Tho its a good discussion for another thread as not want to hijack her thread how we are facing this from a suicidal POV.

This is a COVID-19 support section though yeah its a suicide forum after all... ironic

Yea fist bump to ya on that POV, i get it. I like what you were saying. Insane tho how its makin it worse for some and others it is making them face their own morality. Tho its a good discussion for another thread as not want to hijack her thread how we are facing this from a suicidal POV.
Ya I'm sorry for posting something that maybe wasn't the right time/place. I just know there's a lot of pain on all sides right now. Many different opinions, but when it happens on this site it feels like friendly fire. Like you're fighting with each other, even though your on the same side.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00