someone please

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by takencontrol, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. takencontrol

takencontrol Well-Known Member

kids, why do they push the wrong buttons, im having a major crisis having just lost the plot with my 15 year old.....

2. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Children really do test us at times!
    Especially teenage ones!
    Everyday we are challenged and everyday we learn something new about them and ourselves.
    I guess with a fifteen year old its about starting to really let go, trouble is 15 year old hasnt worked that out either!
    Take space, give 15 year old space, stay calm and loving, sooner rather than later, they will come to you, if challenged at that age, resentment and problems bound to occur.....
    Hormones!
    I so wish you well Susan!

3. takencontrol

we are too alike, clashing all the time, fuck i hate this job at times :(

4. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Oh, big time they can wind us up. Big :hug: to you.

5. takencontrol

thanx hun, calmed down now :)

6. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Ah the joys of a teen :dry:
    What worked for me was remembering what I was like at that age.......that and locking meself in the bathroom and swearing like a trooper :laugh:
    When it gets heated, walk away (I used to run round the block) till the heat has left the equation, then try again.
    Best bit...THEY GROW UP!

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: brownie.. i can somewhat relate to that, i wasn't an angelic teen by any means lol

8. takencontrol

kids are so different these days, no respect lol

9. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Brownie, I remember when I was a teenager, I was so mean and disrespectful to my Meemaw and I regret that all the time now. I love her and miss her so much.

Damn hormones at those ages are so outragious not that Im making any excuses for them, but its hard being an kid these days, almost as hard as it is being an adult, lol.

Keep your cool and walk away, dont give in to them and argue cause thats what they want.

10. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

if i could erase my teenage years ...
    but yeah my parents and i were not on good terms for about 8 years. i very closely drove my mother to have a nervous breakdown.
    when i was that age of course i felt like everything i did was right that they were wrong that they didn't understand (they didn't).
    but i'm now a young adult and they are my best friends. i love them so much. they're the reason i'm staying alive, to care for them when they're old and feeble. repay the favour!
    it will pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.