Someone to talk to

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by triedtoomanytimes, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triedtoomanytimes

triedtoomanytimes Well-Known Member

I suppose this is a mix of my incoherent ramblings and the opening of a discussion, if anyone wants to add their views.

Life is so very very lonely at the moment, the constant thoughts of ending my life, the guilt of visiting people just to stay safe, the cost of getting out so I am doing SOMETHING at least. My first thought was to post a thread asking for someone to talk to, anyone.
    But then I realised I don't want ANYONE to talk to, I want SOMEONE. but that someone has to the person I can talk to, and the truth is, very few of us can talk to just anyone when we feel like this. It's easier to talk to the stranger on the bus, or the person sitting on the park bench than it is to actually find someone to talk to.
    The internet is similar, there are many who are willing, or want to, talk to us, to help us, but we won't let them, because that spark of something that makes us want to talk them just isn't there, or we aren't willing to make the effort to find it.
    I count myself as one of the worst for this, the times people have tried to help me and I turn away from them, the times people have wanted or needed my help and I have pushed them away. That spark of human contact just hasn't ignited within me for them.

So if the person(s) I am able to talk to is out there somewhere, please help me take off this blindfold and these ear defenders so we can talk, to our mutual benefit and well being.

thank you

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

It is hard to find friends that you can openly share with, harder still to find one that does the same in return - i hope you achieve that.

In the mean time consider stopping into chat where you can talk or lurk as you wish, but at least have some contact to feel less alone.

Take Care and Be Safe
    Ben

3. triedtoomanytimes

triedtoomanytimes Well-Known Member

I suppose what I was trying to say was, maybe it's not only finding the right person, but the right time and the right things?
    This whole 'friendship' and talking stuff is so bloody complicated.
    Thanks for your good wishes, the loneliness will probably always be there, even in a room full of people, but as you say, it's getting out and making contact, that at least is a distraction.

Namaste

terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.