Something Else To Obsess About

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by fromthatshow, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I've recently turned to obsessing about the getting of using of drugs rather than obsession about suicide. When I'm on drugs, and/or thinking about getting more, I'm NOT thinking about suicide.
    All of my other addictions... girls, tv, videogames, none of these get rid of my obsession with suicide.
    Drugs seem to be the only thing.

I had been going to Narcotics Anonymous, but their only requirement is the desire to stop using, and I guess I just don't have that desire.
  2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Speaking from experience, the drugs will help you short term, but in the long term they will only increase the urge to commit. i strongly suggest you stay away from them because I care about you.
  3. fromthatshow

I know I just have nothing else :(
  4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Are we talking hardcore or a little weed?
  5. fromthatshow

Pain killers mostly.
  6. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Well, I'm on pain killers right now, vicodin to be exact, a few a day and it makes me feel better physically and psychologically. It kinda gives me a boost.

What kind will you take, how many do you plan on taking and how do they make you feel?
  7. fromthatshow

I've been taking percocets lately. I don't know how much I plan on doing but they're obviously not working because tonight I was going to kill myself before babbling to an ex and she called my parents.
  8. Samsara

Samsara Well-Known Member

that is a true statement.

But more over, and I don't wanna sound cliche, you don't need to cover up your feelings. Instead of wasting your energy trying to hide your feelings from yourself, why don't you use your effort to learn to embrace love? Learn to detach?

That's what they try to teach you in those ist meetings anyway lol
    I'd definitely suggest a 12 step program :) and stay with us friend <3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.