Something for you all!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by GypsyGirl, Nov 4, 2007.

1. GypsyGirl

GypsyGirl Well-Known Member

Two friends were walking through the desert.
    During some point in the journey, they had an argument; and one friend slapped the other one in the face.

The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the sand:
    "Today, my best friend slapped me in the face."

They kept walking until they finally came upon an oasis where they decide to take a bath.
    The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but his friend jumped in and saved him.

After recovering from his near drowning, he wrote on a stone:
    "Today my best friend saved my life."

The friend who had first slapped and then saved his best friend asked him,
    "After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand. But, now you write on a stone. Why?"

The friend replied,
    "When someone hurts us, we should write it down in sand where the winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it."

I really want to say this, so I think I will: smile::

Life can be so cruel, I know. And it can seem like the entire world is against you - believe me, I know that feeling all too well. But I tell you from experience - please know that there are people who do care, whether you know it or not. It maybe a close friend, a neighbor or even someone you have never met. You are never alone - ever. :hug:

I hope you learn to write your hurts in sand and carve your benefits in stone.
    They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them... but an entire lifetime to forget them.

They are always with you.

And I may not know any of you, but I care for you. And many others here do to...

Please take the time everyday to see the beauty in something. It is there.

And remember to let those you love know that you care.

I just did. :shy:
  2. lulu rose

lulu rose Guest

I wish I could let a certain person know. He knows I love him, but I want to tell him again so much! but he hates me and wont talk to me anymore....he wont let the wind erase it away, he let the wind erase the stone carvings I made for him..
  3. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

What a beautiful story GypsyGirl. I found this poem not too long ago and used it guess it is the same message, differently expressed.

I like especially the last two sentences of this touches your thoughts...
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2007
  4. StellarSparkle

StellarSparkle Well-Known Member

I loved the poem ! Thanks very much for sharing it, GypsyGirl :smile: :hug:
  5. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

That's a lovely story, Gypsygirl. :hug:

I await the day when I am strong enough to forgive, but I know it will come. And I will be a better person because of it.

Thanks for that glimpse of hope :)