something good for once

Astrid78

that's what he thinks
:) I play the organ and keyboards, used to play some professionally. I used to really love to cook and bake....not so much anymore because it's just for me and the dogs. So I keep it simple now. Do you play in the kitchen a lot?
And I agree it's hard to see ourselves as well as what we acknowledge easily in others*hug
oh and i used to play quite a few instruments when i was a kid, never the organ though

Astrid78

that's what he thinks
This isn't about my art, but it is something good. I've a few people in my lifexwho are toxic and verbally abusive towards me. Lately I've been standing up for myself with them, saying things like "I dont have to explain myself to you" and "dont put words in my mouth,I did not say that." It doesn't really change them however I've noticed a change in how I feel. It used to be I'd interact with these people and be left feeling suicidal, completely ready to end it. Now though I just feel good, even smile a little.

Livelife

SF Supporter
This isn't about my art, but it is something good. I've a few people in my lifexwho are toxic and verbally abusive towards me. Lately I've been standing up for myself with them, saying things like "I dont have to explain myself to you" and "dont put words in my mouth,I did not say that." It doesn't really change them however I've noticed a change in how I feel. It used to be I'd interact with these people and be left feeling suicidal, completely ready to end it. Now though I just feel good, even smile a little
*bravo:D

BlueGreen

This isn't about my art, but it is something good. I've a few people in my lifexwho are toxic and verbally abusive towards me. Lately I've been standing up for myself with them, saying things like "I dont have to explain myself to you" and "dont put words in my mouth,I did not say that." It doesn't really change them however I've noticed a change in how I feel. It used to be I'd interact with these people and be left feeling suicidal, completely ready to end it. Now though I just feel good, even smile a little.
That's fantastic @Astrid78!! Keep going, don't let anyone get you down!

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Excellent! Standing up for yourself and taking more control of your life from others is a good feeling. Never let people not worthy of your time get to you.

Astrid78

that's what he thinks
Shortly after I posted this thread I had an accident with my artwork and a coffee:( and pretty much lost everything in my portfolio. Been working to replace and just dropped off some pieces at the art boutique. Best part is they dont take commissions. I probably won't hear anything until the season starts, but am glad I finally got up the courage to do this.

Attachments

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00