Something Got Me Thinking...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Epical Taylz, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

When I was looking at one of the treads,
    I was thinking.

Now, I know that I don't post a lot of threads and I know that I'm the shy person. I know that I don't talk to a lot of people and I know that I'm not always online.

But when I post a thread about a new poem or when I feel really bad I get no support what-so-ever. None, Nada.

Now, I'm not scolding at all, but I am a little bit ticked off. Not at anyone in particular, but I'm sick of how this forum is set up. It's like middle school all over again. Cliques. I hate them. Please, don't make this like that.

I know that people on this forum meet each other in England and other places in the world, and that's fine. But I think that you should private message your friends about it because those of us who don't live there and who don't have many opportunities to meet people feel upset that they don't have this chance, so would you please be considerate and not post a thread about when you are going to meet up? Please?

And please post replies to the threads that are about people feeling left out or that are about people wanting to kill themselves. Please don't kid around with people and tell them that they cut themselves.

2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Sorry your poems aren't being responded to. It seems that the creative section is rarely visited. I'm a poetry lover, and I bug the hell out of people with it (just ask icebluesmurf).

I'll be more vocal in the future though.

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Sorry that your feeling this way. I never go to the poetry sections of this forum.
  4. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

I too never go in to the poem section sorry...

But i see your from the US... there are lots of people from the US on here.. so all the US people could arrange a meet up...

Posting a thread about there meet up, isn't a bad thing, and i am sorry you feel left out, but doing it through PMs.. takes too long PMing everyone, when you could say it on a thread and everyone can see... especially the mods...

I am sorry you haven't recieved any support i will look out for future posts from you..

But i have got something to say... i am not using this as a excuse or anything, but when members make friends and they post for support, friends are automatically going to be there and answer... maybe in time you will settle in and mix with other members...

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'm sorry that you're feeling ignored Taylor. :hug:
  6. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Hi Taylor, I feel like you most of the time as well. Feel sort of 'left out', as though it's school all over again. I agree with porcelain child, maybe you could arrange a meet up yourself with some of the members in the US? I suggested a meet up in my hometown of Bradford, but so far doesn't look like anybody's interested :( If you lived closer then you'd be most welcome to come along. I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I really am, since I can relate to just about everything you've said here. If you ever need some support and don't feel like you're getting any here then feel free to PM me anytime. I'd be happy to help :)

Take care :hug:
  7. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi hun. i have never gone to the poetry section before - because frankly, poetry makes me cry right now. so does music. i have to leave boring CNN on all the time, as 'comfort'. i hurt enough as it is. (not that your poetry would be depressing, i haven't read it - but ANY poetry makes me cry. i guess i'm just really messed up, as a human.)

i feel badly that you feel left out - that is a sad feeling. i am old, but i remember how it felt in middle school. and i agree w/the clique thing - but i think cliques are human nature -

i don't have a ton of friends on here - and i am still new. but i appreciate the friends i have and how they check on me :smile: they are very caring and i'd rather have them than 100 people whom i rarely heard from. so possibly you can do what i do - post, send messages, check in with people and when they respond, respond back. and friendships will grow - sometimes slowly!

you sound like such a caring and sensitive person. i am sure you are full of love. and i am sure you want to feel loved, in return. we are all like that. so you are at the right place - it is so positive that you expressed your feelings. it is very healthy - and look at your responses. people ARE interested in what you say - and how you feel. take care hun :hug:
  8. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Hi taylor.i dont think i've ever responded to you on here.but i want to say i generally enjoy your posts,your quite witty and i like regards to poetry.i'm not a poetry person at all,and i never will be i dont i apologise for that. :shake: i would have no problem getting to know you better.i tend to bring shy ppl out of themselves a little :hug:
  9. Epical Taylz

~I think that cliques are human nature too, but I also think that on a support forum where people all have similar problems, some of them being cliques, they should be aware that cliques aren't generally welcome here :unsure: or maybe I'm wrong.
    ~I have posted and sent messages to people because I see that they are having a bad night, or that they need help with a problem, and I message them or reply to their thread about what I think would help, and I get no response back, not even a thank you. I don't mean to sound selfish, but a simple "thank you" would have been nice once in a while :cry:
    ~I feel like I shouldn't have said anything, I feel bad. I don't think that people are interested and I should have just kept my mouth shut

~I have to deal with school 5 days a week for 7 1/2 hours every day. It really upsets me that I have to deal with it on this site too :cry:
    ~I am only 15, so I can't go far. I can only go to some areas within Michigan. I doubt anyone here lives by where I do anyways, and I don't think it would be more than one person. Also, I'm kind of afraid to talk to people in person if they're older than me..
    ~I don't know where Bradford is, but if I did and if I was able to go, I would love to

~As I said to Save Me, I can only go to certain places in Michigan..
    ~I understand that, but when I posted something on that thread, they just ignored me.. I didn't like how left out I felt, and I guess I just got mad about that..
    ~This really caught my attention. I do realize that friends will be there to answer, but I don't think that the members should neglect other members of that same help. I'm not saying that the members shouldn't help out their friends, but I think that they could do a better job of helping out everyone. I don't know, I guess I'm overreacting :cry:

~Thank you for that Sheep. :hug: I hope that you can bring the shy out of me.

Another thing that kinda got my eye through all these posts is that none of you are really into the poetry. I was just using that as an example, I never meant for you to go out of your way to go look at my poems, I don't think that they're that good anyways. Please don't think that I'm forcing you to do that, I was just using the section as an example :unsure:

I thank those of you who are replying to this thread :hug: I do think that I went a little bit too extreme with this thread, and I'm sorry. I was just upset..:cry:
  10. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Hun i dont think you went over board at all.i think its safe to say most of those who replied to you think the same as you in regards to people replying to are still quite young.and i know it doesnt seem like it.but there will be a day when you realise being excepted is worse than not being excepted.stand cant be something your not.other wise,whats the point? :hug:
  11. Epical Taylz

I know, but sometimes I feel like it's so much easier being something that everyone else wants me to be, you know?
    :sigh: I don't know. Everything that I saw now-a-days is wrong..
  12. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I agree with you. I personally reply to everything I can, usually only the threads I know I can offer support in somehow. I only have a few friends here myself, and sure if they posted something I'd try to help them as best as I could.
  13. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Heya, Taylor. I'm sorry you feel left out. I'm sure no one has left you out intentionally.

I read your poems. There is a theme of lost love or love gone wrong. :)hug: I hope they're not based on your own actual experiences.) Sometimes love is there and we just can't see it yet. (And shhh, it's a secret...but there's always more love out there when the cosmos decides we're really truly "ready" for it.)

14. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hiya Taylor,
    You go cowgirl (private joke) !! You have nothing to apologize for. Your thoughts are just as important as anyone elses. If someone disagrees with that they can take it up with me!! I would be happy to explain it to them!! I personally love your responces to others threads. Sheep hit it on the head, your replys have a certain wittiness to them. lol...
    Just wanted you to know that you are appreciated here and keep your head high. Always there for you!! Take Care!!~Joseph~
  15. Sam2009

Sam2009 Member

Hi Taylor,

I've only been on a couple of days, so haven't looked through everything yet, but I will definitely be looking at the poetry section now. You've inspired me to remember a poem I wrote years ago, I've only got the first two lines at the mo, but I'm sure it will come to me. When it does, I'll post it in the poetry section, and I will look out for yours too.

Don't give up hope
  16. Epical Taylz

Thank you Sam and stranger(cowboy) for those kind words and inaights :hug:
    I'm glad that I inspired you Sam :)
    Stranger my replies aren't supposed to be whitty sometimes but thats okay I guess...

Take care everyone and thank you for reading and/or responding
    You're all in my prayers :hug::heart:
  17. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Big hugs Taylor,

I don't tend to go to the Poetry bit, in fact if I'm honest I don't think I've ever been on it.

It's hard not to take things personally when you don't get replies - I know I do it for pretty much every post I do. That's why I tend to reply to posts rather than start my own threads, can't deal with the rejection (even though nobody has rejected me, it just feels like that).

Anyhow hon, if you ever wanna talk feel free to PM me, I know we are different time zones so you won't always get a quick reply but I'm usually on everyday if you need me.

Claire xx
  18. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Sorry Taylor poor choice of words (wittiness) are very caring and I know that. I was just trying to make you smile....
  19. Epical Taylz

Telling me that you wanted me to smile made me smile :):hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.