Something has been bothering me.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Atheist Demon, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atheist Demon

Atheist Demon Account Closed

Is it just me, or do you worry about ppl who post that they are suicidal, and then you don't see their name on the forums anymore? Like when I be inactive for a couple of weeks and when I last post, I said I was thinking of killing myself. And when I come back, I get some PM saying please don't kill yourself.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Atheist Demon,

I was just thinking about you 2-3 days ago. I'm glad you're still with us :hug:

Yes, I do worry about other members a lot, I think that's only natural. On the internet , we will never really know if they went through with it or not so we just have to move on and help who is here :hug:

Lynn x

3. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

i think most people on here do worry about those who don't say why they're going to be away for a while. and even those who give a reason really.
    i know i worry for those people who haven't posted much or haven't been online in a while.
    i think it's just because we're all quite fragile. losing people (even on a suicide forum) can be devestating and nobody wants that to happen, so we feel more worried, just in case.

4. Atheist Demon

Atheist Demon Account Closed

Thanks for the concern sweetheart. I was wondering about someone who said that everything was going down and they felt like ending it, and then they have been inactive for a while.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Perhaps make a post about that person in news and announcements, someone may have been talking to him/her in messengers etc..

I hope she /he is okay :hug:

6. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi. .. i am so glad you posted this! i have been thinking the same thing. and now i try to keep tabs on everyone - like some hovering mother hen :eek:hmy:

but yes, i do worry and i bet a lot of us do. i think it is a lovely example of the good inside us all - how that we want to end our own lives at times, but we don't want anyone ELSE to end theirs - because we care about them! more, than we care for ourselves.

7. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

^^ hovering mother hen... i like it...

I do too worry about people who have not been active for a while.. its natural to worry i think..

8. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

i worry a lot.... a lady called jill was on earlier in the yr and was v determined. i havent seen her since :( so yes it upsets me a lot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.