SOMETHING HAS GOT TO CHANGE... but I don't want it to

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by ket93, Jan 4, 2009.

1. ket93

ket93 Well-Known Member

Well I feel like something with my "relationship" has got to change.. He has been very hurtful to me lately, especially since our "breakup" last Sat. We have since then worked through things, I guess... and he sounds like he still wants to be with me, but then he does things that makes me think he absolutely HATES me! And I know it is not right for someone to make you feel that way if they really do LOVE you!!!!
    He had been kind of quiet all day. I talked to him once on the phone and the rest was just texting...
    Well to try and skip to the point of what this is about without going on with boring details... he went out with a friend tonight and I went out with a friend tonight, we were both watching a football game... Well I was rooting for the opposite team as him, although he is not really even a big football fan to start with... Well anyway when the game was over, I showed that I was happy for the team that won by making a few remarks. I did not think much of it...
    Well he got very upset and just said to me "whatever later". I said I was just joking and he said ok. Well I was really upset that he was even acting like this to me so I called him. I asked what was wrong and he said I did not have to rub it in his face about the game... I said again I was just joking and he said well I am just tired of hearing you go on about it whenever they lose.. I had only made some remarks at one other time about this team losing!! So he was like did you just call me to fight and I said no and I will just let you go... he was just like ok. And I said love you too, and he had a really bad attitude but told me back. I just felt like in that moment he really hated me... I know it sounds stupid to fight or get upset over something so pity. But I feel like anymore that is just the way it is with us...
    And this is what has got to change... But I want to be with him and be happy, but just not sure if that can even happen anymore.. I am starting to doubt it each more everyday...

2. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

you know it sure sounds like an ordinary fight that couples have sometimes.
    you shouldnt worry about it so much really...
    sure he sounds like hes upset but people do get upset its normal
    and from what you said i dont even think he upset about you.
    Maybe he just have tough time at job or something.

3. ket93

ket93 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the thoughts... I do know that we have had a very stressful time with things lately in our relationship... and for the first time in a long time, today he talked to me and told me exactly how he felt... for good or bad...
    He said that our fighting had really taken a toll on him and he did not feel like his old self anymore and just thought he needed more personal space to maybe get back to where he once was when we first got together... We have been together almost a year now and I know we have been through some things and I know that I have had issues that I see have affected both of us..
    I just hope he can feel better about us and things again and we can be truly happy again...