Something I Don't Understand

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by emotional_girl, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emotional_girl

emotional_girl Well-Known Member

It's kinda funny if you think about it, but I don't understand why I'm still so scared of snakes even though I want to die. I've always had a phobia of snakes, but because I want to die so badly, you would think I would want a poisonous snake to come up and bite me so I would die, but I'm still scared to death of snakes. Just a though I had, I thought I would share it with y'all.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Nope this makes perfect sense.
    No matter how much I might have wanted to die, no way would I want to die by a spider.
    Absolutely loathe spiders and the thought of one getting close enough to bite me gives me the wiggins :laugh:

3. emotional_girl

Cool, glad to know I'm not alone in this phobia issue.
    Thanks for replying.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

don't even get me near a bat i can't go outside in the night time for fear one flies at me

5. emotional_girl

Thanks, Total Eclipse! Y'all are helping me feel a lot better about the phobia issue!

6. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I'm the same with spiders... ick!

7. emotional_girl

Thanks, Lightbeam.

8. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

Im scared of heights which makes me against jumping definately ! Although atm im trying to be more pro life and against everything fatall!!

9. emotional_girl

I wish I could be more pro-life. I try but the depression is so stong right now, I just really don't want to be alive. Sometimes, I feel like I'm just hanging around here waiting to die.

10. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

Thats natural especially if you have severe depression. Do you have medication and support ? Those are both big helps. If you do it might be an idea to have your medication checked/changed. Once you get a decent medication it makes all the diference.

11. emotional_girl

My husband doesn't want me to be on anti-depressants or in counseling. We can't afford it anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.