Something I find interesting

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wastedmylife, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

Between reading these boards and other forums it seems women get more suicidal for emotional reasons and then when they have health problems they seem to have more of a will to fight it, yet men really dont get suicidal for emotional reasons and really only get suicidal when they have health problems

Of course this is generally speaking and I am sure there are plenty of exceptions, but based on this board and other boards I go to this seems to be the case
  2. music_addict

music_addict Well-Known Member

im a man and am suicidal for completely emotional reasons. Im basically healthy except for my damn smoking addiction, but besides that im totally healthy.

and im not sure your totally correct on that point. from what ive seen a huge portion of males on this site and others are predominately depressed because of lonliness. whether lack of a lover or just social interaction in general. thats entirley emotional
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I agree.
    I am also very emotional. It is something that I get very sad about. That more males are not as emotional. Most or all of my friends are female for this reason.
    I think a lot of males here are emotional as well, which is good, but not to the extent that it gets us feeling so down we want to die.
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree, most of the people I hung with were women. They were more mature and easier to talk to! I think me being so emotional I wear my heart on my sleeve. It always gets knocked off and stamped into the ground. I am not ashamed to cry around others. If they don't like it tuff S**t. Take Care!!:chopper:!!
  5. pittfall

pittfall Active Member

I understand the point you were trying to make...and the exceptions. Difficult to generalize in vocally populated places.

It is so true...but then I think all the exceptions are here in this forum.
  6. Austere Night

Austere Night Well-Known Member

Statistics have shown women are more likely to attempt suicide but men are more likely to succed if they do try, reasons aside.
  7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I wouldn't take what you find from this forum and the others as a general rule of thumb but I get what your saying though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.