Something I Saw The Other Day. (Discription. Trig?)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by altek001, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altek001

altek001 Well-Known Member

While I was in the food court at the shopping centre I work at, ordering some chinese food, I saw a young lady at the opposite end of the counter picking up her order.

I guess it finally became obvious to me (though my own case should have done so) that cutters can be anybody and are anybody. I came to this realization that day because this girl had four really big, had-to-be-deliberate cuts on the inside of her left ankle.

She caught me looking and quickly our eyes met, if only for an instant. I don't know how my face looked to her...but my heart broke as I realized I was seeing my problem also inflicting the form of a very pretty young woman and it completely changed my demeanor (and hunger) for the rest of the day. I ended up having to choke down my lo mein just because I didn't want it to get too cold when I finally got around to it.

What I'd wanted to do (but didn't for only Lordknowswhy) is come up to her and just say two words. Just two simple words. Too simple, mayhaps: "I know."
    ...And I think that's all I would have had to say. It can be taken many contexts and I would have meant it in all of them.

It made me wonder why anybody has to feel any pain at all...and especially those of us who end up cutting. It didn't make me feel stronger knowing that it really isn't just me...it just felt like I was stabbed through the heart by the sheer sadness that we do what we do.

Clean: One month plus.
    - Henry

2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

It can be anyone really... I guess the safest bet is to not make assumptions.

TDM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.