Something I would never tell anyone about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I just did. Well, I'm 19. And I think I am having the peak of my genital stage (Freud's psychosexual staging). And because I am a virgin and more importantly, I never had a boyfriend, I resort to, you know, doing it to myself. Which becomes really obsessive and I regret so much afterwards. Can you imagine me blushing? Oh, well. I don't know how to stop this. I mean, when I read books or see movies that the characters are doing things, I can't help but...

I guess my hormones are functioning too well that I just can't stop...
I really need to stop this because it's not just right. In the eyes of God and if other people I know would know about this. Eew.

So, any suggestion on how I can control this? I hope you'll not be grossed out by me. :eek:

spailpin

first of all . . God doesn't care. . He has bigger things on HIs plate then the sexual hahbits of a 19 year old. . and does it really matter what "society" says. . who is this society anyway. .
you are much more normal then you understand . . .I would stop worrying about it. . .

perry_mason

im pretty sure masturbation is no big deal.

if there was a god, im sure he would have more important things to deal with.

Last edited by a moderator:

marklondon

What you are doing is perfectly normal. 99% of people do it, and in most places in the Western world, it is now completely socially acceptable. I am sorry if people in your religious group disapprove of it; I think you will find there are many religious people (including many varieties of Christians) who don't find anything at all wrong with masturbation, and who don't think God has a problem with it either. If you are surrounded by people who are telling you otherwise, then that is a very sad thing, particularly because it is almost a certainty that 99% of them masturbate or have done so, and are simply pretending otherwise because they have some sort of bizarre fundamentalist belief that they are sinning.

Sorry to be so blunt, but it is better to realise this sooner rather than later. Masturbation is a normal part of human life and human sexuality. In fact I would say if anything it is dysfunctional *not* to do it, because it is one of the most important ways in which people--especially women--learn about their own bodies and what they like/dislike etc. When you do end up with someone in the future, you will be much better prepared for it if you have spent time becoming comfortable and familiar with your own body and your own sexuality. It is good for you, the vast majority of normal people don't see it as disgusting, and there is no reason God or anyone else would or should disapprove of it. Don't let any religious fundamentalists tell you otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive found that 'God' in a human sense probably doesn't exist at all, but even if he does, I don't think he cares at all. Normal especially for sexually frustrated younger people. I do it all the time because Im an incredibly frustrated person.

VALIS

Dealing with guilt attached to masturbation probably takes the fun out of it. It's the other people's hang-ups that seem to be corrupting it for you.

Get all new-age with it. Light candles, put on music, take a bath... turn it into an act of self love that is spiritual, a communion with yourself... Even if you're religious, I can't imagine any loving god having a problem with you loving yourself and embracing your sexuality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00