Something is not right

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mordeci, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I am about to start school in August and nothing has gone according to plan, I am struggling despretly for money to the point I need to take on a few roommates which I might not even find and I am dreading, I have made zero progress on my weight loss goals if anything I have taken steps back, I have barely socailized and the little socailization I was doing with familiy has stoped. I am despretly lonely with know one to turn to and it is looking to only to get worse for me. I think it is becoming necessary for me to consider suicide as a viable option to spare myself what will surely be years of tourment and suffering. I don't think I can handle what the future holds and at this point I don't really want to.

2. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Suicide won't solve any of your problems, it will just render you incapable of experiencing the future.

3. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I don't know, my theripist and I are trying despretly to find me a reason to live but latley there just dosen't seem to be one.

4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

:mhmm: Suicide is not an option right now. Sometimes we get set back in our goals. It is nothing to be ashamed of. I know I have not been making good progress on my weight loss goals until recently.

:stars: I am so happy to see someone else who is trying to lose weight and socialize like me, best of luck to you.

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Andrew and welcome to SF. It appears to me that you're considering suicide an option, because you are afraid of what the future will bring. No one can predict what will happen in the future. All we can do is prepare the best that we can and hope that the future will be bright. You just need some practice socializing with friends and you should be ok. :hug:

6. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

It all is just so hard, my life seems completly out of my control and in the hands of others at the moment. I am at the mercey of others in every single facet of my life and I am sick of it, I need to take control somehow but I don't see anyway. I am looking for a roommate through school because otherwise I won't be able to support myself finacialy but no one wants to room with me, I have school starting in August and I don't know if I can succede, I have no friends, I can't talk to my family about my problems, my theripist has drawn a hard line partially because I owe her a ton of money (but that is a whole other thread), nothing seems to be going in my favor and I don't know what to do.

7. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Does your school have a pool of people that you can join to find roommates? That can be a lot easier than going and trying to find one yourself.

8. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

They do but I kind of exsauted it, that is who I have been asking but I keep getting no's for an answer.

9. 1117

1117 New Member

Try to just get control of one thing at a time.

It seems that your financial/housing issue is most pressing at this time. Are you in a dorm? If you're off campus, perhaps post a roommate wanted ad on craigslist, you will get a larger pool of potential roommates that way. It will be a little more work for you than school lists but another option.

On the weight front, I found that the more I tried to lose weight, the more I gained. I lost weight when I stopped stressing about it. That being said, you do need to do some work, it doesn't just happen automatically, as you know. I used a diet from a book called "The Body Sense Natural Diet" by Loran Vanderhaeghe. Its not so much a diet as a 6 week menu plan. I liked it because it was brainless - the menu plan tells you what to eat and when every day for 6 weeks. The foods are simple and there is no measuring, counting, etc. I easily lost 10 lbs without sticking to completely to the meal plan.

With a plan in place for your finances and physical health, I think in time you may feel more like socializing in the future.

10. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I've gained weight since I bought a scale, too.

I'd definitely keep searching, and expanding the pool of people I'm drawing from. Eventually, you'll find someone who will work with you.

11. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Unforutently (or fourtently depnding on how I look at it) my housing issue hit a standstill, I can't seem to find any roommates but I re-crunched the numbers and with a little help from my parents who already agreed to help out I can stay at my current place. It probably is for the best I am not sure if I could emotionally handle roommates anyway, I had two seprate situations where I had roommates my first and second year of college, my first roommate I got in a physical fight with. The second situation I lived with 5 guys and one stole money from the other and I just never felt safe in my apartment again and I let them know it, very tension filled.

Now I am ready to attack my weight problem which has been pressing for some years. The good news is if I can loose enough weight by december (like 40 pounds) I can get a weight loss suregry done called the LAP BAND, which is completly covered by my insurance. So now I just have to get back in the gym and work on it.

12. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Andrew you aren't alone in feeling your overweight.. Here in the states it is an epidimict .. Our children are even feeling it.. They don't do the physical things we use to..All they do is eat and play xbox, nintendo, computer games, etc.. You need to live a life where you get out and do things.. Even just walk..I gained 100 lbs. drinking pepsi and just eating.. I get noe exercise because I am an isolationist..I hope you get out and do physical stuff..

13. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hello, I can help. I have some easy to do tips to help you lose weight. I am new here and looking to make friends. Are you up to it? Blessings..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.