Something nice you saw today...

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Petal, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am off college today and have only been outside a little of the time. But I fed the birds and love when the birds come flying over to the roof when you throw breadcrumbs up there, that was what I saw nice about today. Those birds carrying on like humans, clever as foxes, have you seen something nice today? Perhaps a nice gesture or been to somewhere nice or even just interacting with a nice person! It all counts, post about it here!
    2 people like this.
  2. Lazarusz

Lazarusz Member

Something nice I saw? A bunck of books waiting to be read. Some spaghetti I made. A gif about a woman with a lost gaze staring at the nothingness.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

A plate of healthy food instead of chocolate lol
  4. robroy

robroy Well-Known Member

A friend who has been giving me the silent treatment reached out to offer me a drink
  5. Lazarusz

Lazarusz Member

I guess (s)he was getting fed up with her own company and decided to come closer to you. As soon as I read that, Schopenhauer, The Master, came to my mind:

“On a cold winter’s day, a group of porcupines huddled together to stay warm and keep from freezing. But soon they felt one another’s quills and moved apart. When the need for warmth brought them closer together again, their quills again forced them apart. They were driven back and forth at the mercy of their discomforts until they found the distance from one another that provided both a maximum of warmth and a minimum of pain. In human beings, the emptiness and monotony of the isolated self produces a need for society. This brings people together, but their many offensive qualities and intolerable faults drive them apart again. The optimum distance that they finally find that permits them to coexist is embodied in politeness and good manners. Because of this distance between us, we can only partially satisfy our need for warmth, but at the same time, we are spared the stab of one another’s quills.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
    vincali likes this.
  6. carebear35

carebear35 Active Member

I read a really sweet article on facebook. A vet in New Zealand found a box of kittens that seemed abandoned and took them in. Next thing they knew a tabby cat began buzzing round the clinic trying to get in whenever the door was open. Eventually the vet took her in and checked her out. Turns out she was a suckling mother and the "abandoned" kittens were hers. She just wanted to get her babies back. She has now been reunited with her kittens and the vet is looking after the whole family. :)
  7. Lazarusz

Lazarusz Member

This, I saw ,
    a few weeks ago.
    It's beautiful.
    Staring at he Nothingness.

View attachment 116
  8. Aeneas

Aeneas Well-Known Member

Goodbye, Moonmen.
  9. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Did not see anything, but did just did finish my Christmas shopping. Decided to do Amazon rather then fight the stores. All should be delivered by end of the month.
    2 people like this.
  10. blue22

blue22 Member

SillyOldBear, i'm really impressed that you got your shopping done already! i haven't started mine yet.

almost every day i see two little white dogs in coats walk by my window. they're adorable and seem very friendly. i miss my dog so it's nice to see some pups.
  11. Ty Ty

Ty Ty New Member

I saw my lizard basking in the heat of the new lamp I bought him, he looked pretty cute
    2 people like this.
  12. Aeneas

Aeneas Well-Known Member

I saw the view from this new place I'm working at, and it was a beautiful rainy day.
    Just gorgeous.
  13. the sunset over the water in my back yard
    2 people like this.
  14. AnotherChristian

AnotherChristian Active Member

My 3 y.o. nephew playing by himself with a bunch of little toys (figures of people and animals). It's just a little thing, but I liked that he was able to have a ball without someone entertaining him or a TV or anything electronic on.
  15. Dreamland

Dreamland Well-Known Member

The first snow of the season! My kitty curling up by the fire! A big ol' mug of decaf mocha!
  16. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Pretty cool Another Christian. I have finished my Christmas shopping and did not buy anything electronic. Kids need to be able to entertain themselves without that kind of stuff.
  17. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

My professor emailed me back, he's letting me make up my lab. He also said that he was happy that I am taking care of myself.
  18. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

The coffee I got in the mail. The only problem is which kind to try first.
  19. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

I went hiking today by myself and took a nice picture of a small waterfall. It was really neat with the new snow .
    Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  20. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I wasjust outside having a smoke and looked up into the sky because there was a flock of cockatoos screeching and they all flew over the house of neighbour and perched themselves in one of the many large trees in the backyard. It was simply the most beautiful sight that I have seen, how they all moved in unison and came to rest almost exactly at the same time in the same tree, and almost on all the braches nearest each other instead of spread out as birds often do. Almost like a family.