Something stupid I did

Status
Not open for further replies.

InnerStrength

I get depressed and suicidal very easily. There is this one situation that continues to dog me. One night when I was a little drunk (I think I was anyway), I took a topless picture of myself and posted it on a dating site. Someone at work got a hold of it and put it on another one, putting the preferences for men. It has since gotten around. This is very embarressing and probably sounds really stupid, but I don't know what to do. This makes me really suicidal and the only alternative I can think of is to quit my job Any suggestions?

1victor

Is possible to laugh it off, turn into joke, blame it on someone else, maybe?
I think quitting your job is a bit extreme.
I made a mistake like that once and quit my job.
I regret it till this day.

InnerStrength

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah I did blame on someone else, I mean I'm pretty sure I know who started it so I said they were the ones that put it on that site, to mess with me. Anyway, I know this is a really stupid situation I'm just not sure how to do come out of this.

1victor

You got it right, it IS a stupid situation.
And the worst part - it's very unpleasant one too.
I guess, no need to remind you that.
I think, that outcome depends on what kind of person you are, how you carry yourself at work, what your coworkers actually think about you.
What I am trying to say is that you, probably, know better what to do than anybody else here.
Sometimes ignoring the incident works better than anything else.

Embarassing? yes. Enough to quit? no. Suicidal? goodness I hope not!

This is one of those times to really believe "I'm not perfect, stuff happens". It's typical office antics you can't escape from and which can really only be diffused by turning it into a joke.

InnerStrength

Embarassing? yes. Enough to quit? no. Suicidal? goodness I hope not!

This is one of those times to really believe "I'm not perfect, stuff happens". It's typical office antics you can't escape from and which can really only be diffused by turning it into a joke.
Do you think it will ever go away? I'm guessing not, but...

Do you think it will ever go away? I'm guessing not, but...
100% yes.

Edit: 100% yes with a guarantee that Christmas will give it a few days to blow over whatever is left. Should that fail, "What I did on New Years" conversations will make your topless pic out of date.

Last edited by a moderator:

InnerStrength

People found out about the pic months ago. It still is brought up on occasion. I mean, don't really hear much about it anymore I just don't want it to be a subject that is brought up for however long I work there.

jjjoooggg2

I'd at least try now, before you forget the site name. And you may regret not trying in a couple years.. I'm sure that they see this alot. And would gladly take that down.

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
Worth giving it a try, contacting them and seeing if they can pull those pics down.

And the situation doesn't make YOU stupid. I've done some pretty bizarre things when I've had too much alcohol. (Don't EVER play Truth or Dare drunk, LOL)!!

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I gave up alcohol because I kept doing stupid stupid things. :dry: Since I gave it up I have not done anything that I could regret. I think you should consider doing the same to prevent things such as this.
Am really sorry about what happened with the pic :( You can move on from it even if others won't. Easier said than done, but you need to learn to ignore what other people think/say. What happened will make you stronger. Feel free to drop me a pm anytime :) Take care. :hug:

bubblin girl

I get depressed and suicidal very easily. There is this one situation that continues to dog me. One night when I was a little drunk (I think I was anyway), I took a topless picture of myself and posted it on a dating site. Someone at work got a hold of it and put it on another one, putting the preferences for men. It has since gotten around. This is very embarressing and probably sounds really stupid, but I don't know what to do. This makes me really suicidal and the only alternative I can think of is to quit my job Any suggestions?
dont quit your job cos of that...if somebody ask about it...just laugh & say i took this pic cos i love my body & im so hot...the other gender are so on me...and move on...people will forget about that when they find something else to talk about it...

InnerStrength

Worth giving it a try, contacting them and seeing if they can pull those pics down.

And the situation doesn't make YOU stupid. I've done some pretty bizarre things when I've had too much alcohol. (Don't EVER play Truth or Dare drunk, LOL)!!
I know a few people have that pic on their cell phone, so it would just pop right back up. I suppose I could try.

Anyway, bubblingirl. Yeah, I wish it was that easy. I think my co-workers will always remember it.

orangejulius

I really feel for you. A couple months may seem like a long time, but it will blow over soon. If people are keeping the picture despite your letting them know that you are bothered by it, they are not your friend. I wouldn't talk to them anymore except in a business sense.

That guy sounds like a real a-hole. Contact the site and report it. If no response happens, write emails and make phone calls.

Back in school, I knew a girl that this happened to. It went away after a few months. It will go away, it just takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00