something that happened to me so long ago(could be triggering not sure)

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by honsou, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. honsou

honsou Well-Known Member

I guess this is a bigger deal then how it actually feels to me...but i need to share it anyway. When i was about, 9 or 10 i forget exactly my mother kept me home from school for what seemed to be no reason. She laid me down on my stomach and then...i kinda forget what happens, but i know now she had stabbed me twice in the back with a knife. All i could remember is running towards the door but not being able to get out for some reason i forget exactly. And then really my next memory is my mom taking care of me, cleaning the wounds and such. I really just remember hyperventilating a lot, as you might guess it was terrifying. Then i really don't remember anything. I had learned later on, i forget when that my mother was told by a doctor that she had terminal cancer and they only gave her 3 months to live. She was so afraid that i would have no place to go, she wanted to take me with her i guess. But when she first stabbed me she had lost the nerve and the wounds weren't so deep. I used to stay up at night reliving that. She used to say she was sorry a lot, but what really hurts me now is that she expects me to just get over it, i get so sad over that sometimes.

Well thats all i have to really say, i hope i put this in the right place
  2. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

3. powder_girl

powder_girl Active Member

good to tell someone though...i think your mom and you still need to figure that rift out. have you considered anything?
  4. googonz

googonz Active Member

I think she oved you so much that she wanted to be with you forever. She just did the wrong thing, and you should forgive her. My mom never hurt me except one time when iw as about nine and I had a tantrum. She kept me home from school, and then beat me silly with a minature wooden club. And afterwards she begged me to forgive her, and it took me long time to forgive her, but eventually I did. Looking back at it now, I think it was good that this happened because it told me that my mom really really loves me, and even though she got really pissed at me, she would do anything to earn my love again. She never hit me to this gay and I am 17 years old.
  5. rainbow99

rainbow99 Member

I believe your mother was in shock and out of her mind at the time. I believe you need to face your feelings get them out and work through them. I don't think that is something you can get over but you can work through it, release it out of your mind heart & spirit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.