Something that helps sometimes

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Poorlaggedman, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poorlaggedman

Poorlaggedman Active Member

Worth trying. Music helps me out. Its changed so drastically over time its hard to notice. Its turned very morbid and negative from being mostly upbeat tunes ironically while society as a whole has improved drastically.

I'm not saying modern music sucks... but everyone should try this.

Getting the top 100 songs from as far back as you can. I have it back to 1950. It starts out at maybe top 35 back then and once you get towards the 60s its in the top 100.

I got it digitally from a buddies hard drive while I was in Iraq. It takes a very massive amount of time to listen to but can open your eyes to artists you'd never heard of. Sometimes i grew bored of a particular period but I forced myself to listen through all of them. Actually i never made it. I'm up to 69 but I've learned tons. If you have the luxery of an ipod maybe load it in and take note of where you leave off so you don't miss any. Don't ask me where you get it (legally or illegally).
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Music definitely has it's place in being helpful. I've listened to a lot of music over the years to distract myself from the daily grind. :)
  3. oval

oval Well-Known Member

i absolutely agree with you. everytime im sick of the world today i listen to mainly 60s music. i think it was alot more pure and brought it to the point
  4. Malou

Malou Well-Known Member

I love 50's music like Shirelles or Everly Brothers or early Beatles. There is something so simple and uncomplicated about it, optimistic perhaps. It's like the sound of a time when people felt they had fought evil and won (in WW2), and now everything was just going to get better and better. I almost always have a file on my mp3 player dedicated to 50's music.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.