Something to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Rainfly, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainfly

Rainfly Member

What am I? I have no idea what I want from myself, where I want to go, what I want to be. It's like I'm completely devoid of desire, I just don't want anything.

Can anyone tell me how I find a direction in life? How do I know what I want?

I'm really starting to get desperate now. I read somewhere that boredom is becoming more common as a reason for suicide, I definitely get that. I just don't see anything where I can find some satisfaction.
  2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Well, what would you like out of life? Are you a student? working?
  3. Goose

Goose Member

Video gaming is good.
  4. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Reading also can be fun :)
  5. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

Wait till you fall in love. Certainly the chance of you feeling suicidal would augment greatly, but you won't be bored!
  6. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

What about volunteering, helping others, maybe helping other depressed, suicidal people?
  7. theplaya

theplaya Well-Known Member

well u can always try to get more of
    money, success and power
  8. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Try bein' a mac, a playa.
  9. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

There must at least one thing you like to do? Maybe from that one thing, you can learn to love others things related to it?
  10. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

You're quite right. What's the point in finding that path when you know that it won't lead anywhere?
  11. Rainfly

Rainfly Member

Been there done that, bought the t-shirt and had my heart ripped out on several occasions. Like most other things, love has also lost it's appeal.
  12. Rainfly

Rainfly Member

I like the thought of that, I just don't always feel stable enough to help other people, don't want to inflict them with my own issues. I always thought I'd need more self confidence for something like that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.