Something to live for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know my desire for death is just to escape the pain. I realize that it is my fear of life.

I have no hope for a future being dimly lit much less bright.

I don't enjoy anything or feel any emotion as in caring about anything.

How can I find something, anything that I can use like dangling the carrot in front of the donkey.

any ideas???:pinkrose:
(please no religious answers)

I feel the same way at the moment,

I guess one of the few things that keep me going when I have a crisis is first thinking of the impact it will have on my mom, and it kills me(no pun intended)
But answering your question is getting a hobby, big or small.like learning a language, it may be useless but helps. When I feel bad I pick up my language book and study, I guess setting tiny goals to something u like or. Subjectfeet u like too.
I hope that helps in someway, sorry.

SmolderingIce

The problem isn't life.
It's just the life you're living right now.

How old are you? I think, when you can, try a new place. A new situation. There's always more out there.. You'll find someone you care about. Things that actually make your heart beat again.
Survive through this. Find your happiness out there.. It exists.

Good luck to you. You are loved. Always.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Don't be scared to share here.. We all have problems but some of us have found solice in being here..No one will judge you..Why do you feel you have no emotions anymore??

I am 44. I have someone I care about. Nothing makes my heartbeat. I don't care about anything. There is nothing in the world I can imagine doing that would give me any joy or even peace.

Constantinos

I know my desire for death is just to escape the pain. I realize that it is my fear of life.

I have no hope for a future being dimly lit much less bright.

I don't enjoy anything or feel any emotion as in caring about anything.

How can I find something, anything that I can use like dangling the carrot in front of the donkey.

any ideas???
(please no religious answers)
You fear pain, i don't think any of us likes pain - pain makes us feel sad, pain makes us feel angry. But we can fight pain and we can feel relieved from pain, feeling relief will make you feel happy and strong.

I am 44. I have someone I care about. Nothing makes my heartbeat. I don't care about anything. There is nothing in the world I can imagine doing that would give me any joy or even peace.
You say you have someone you care about but then you say you don't care about anything, you seem to me that you are somewhat confused.

Who is this someone that you care about?

You say that there is nothing that can give you happiness, i want you to think for some moments what makes/made you happy - i am sure you will find somethings.

SmolderingIce

If you leave him. He will never be happy.

To help someone is to simply be there for them. Try what you can, they'll say if its not helping. Try your best.

flowers

I have my husband. He has tried so hard to help me. He will better off after I am gone. I am a burden. He deserves happiness.
Are you positive that he would be better off without you?? Usually people think that. But its the pain of the depression that is warping the real truth about how someone would be if their loved one took their life.

Someone suggested that I volunteer at the local no kill animal shelter. What is your favorite thing to do? I absolutly am convinced that when we are in service giving, that it can be a life saver. I am agoraphobic or a recluse (depending on what dx mood the psychiatrist is in on that day) So its a bit hard for me to volunteer. But when I was volunteering from my home doing something I was good at, it helped immeasurably. So what is it that you are actually interested in? Dont have to answer that if you do not want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$170.00
Goal
$255.00