something to think about

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by andytheone, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andytheone

andytheone Member

is it just me or does there seem like there is something wrong with the world,

we are all now forced to have to look a certain way, aspire to have crap like cars and houses and everthing else

why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and if you do not become all these things then you are a losser, this i do not understand

are we evolving as a race or has it become that if you do not fit an exact model you end up an outcase and probably end up giving up on life.

it is society which i makeing us depressed not being able to fit in and have in life what the perfect model of life is so called supposed to be

model of life

born to a loving family
    grow up with caring friend, who help you out when you need it
    have a good time
    relationships, girlfriend, boyfriends
    get married
    have kids
    grow old with your family around you
    die and be rememberd by your family
  2. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

I hear what your saying and you have a valid point. Society does put alot of pressure on us through the media and advertisements to be just so, and to look a certain way and act a certain way and many times people can get caught up inthat and really beat themselves up over it if they dont feel like they fit the bill. I hope you can find peace and happiness within yourself and with who you are and who you have become. Try to not be so critical on yourself and know that its ok to give yourself a break. Your special just the way you are and your gonna find that thier are people out thier who are gonna love you for who you are and appreciate who you are and validate you. Remember you are worthy of love, affection, and peace of mind...take good care of yourself and try to stay away from falling into the trap of trying to hold yourself to others standards....hope that helps a little....
  3. Zaitsev

Zaitsev Member

I agree, it seems we live in an age of accepting equality and diversity in everyone, yet society as a whole appears to have made a path in which "normal" people have to go by, and if any part of your life exists out that path, you are considered different, but then i feel the the people most out of touch with reality are the heads of states be it presidents or prime ministers, heads of churches etc. we may all have that aspect of not being where we intended to be at this state in our lives but i feel acceptance towards each other no matter they different they are is what counts but also trying to accept who you are is whats really important
  4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Yes that is the life that is promoted. I have always noticed that in the world. Those people who do not have that exact past are always screwed up in some way. They are criminals in some form or fashion they are not to be trusted they either indulge in hedonism or completely reject it for academia. Either way they are portrayed as sad individuals who rely on the normal person.

I know that I am depressed because I have not had any friends or relationships, you cannot fight loneliness forever. But then there are all the other small things related to each gender like

For males:
    • He is supposed to be aggressive
    • He is supposed to ask the girl out
    • He is supposed to want sex above all else
    • When he does not get sex he is supposed to dump the female
    • He is supposed to hurt those who are weaker than him
    • He is supposed to play Football
    • He is supposed to drink and become rowdy
    For Females:
    • She is supposed to do nothing but be nice and smile
    • She is to be the pinnical of human physical perfection
    • She is supposed to be emotionally needy
    • She is supposed to not want to have sex and is supposed to be ashamed of wanting it
    • She is only supposed to desire the male who could best pleasure her sexually
    So both sides have it rough. Really I think society would be better if we were not so black and white about gender roles. But same with roles in general. But I have noticed the current fad is to not want what society demands from you.
  5. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I can relate to you 100%.

I often feel like a misfit in society, and that contributes to my suicidal ideation. Sometimes I don't think that I could live up to all these hopes and expectations. Life is so difficult.
  6. lost in space

lost in space Well-Known Member

American corporations spend billions of dollars a year in advertising to convince us that we are not good order to get us to buy their products. We have this constant barrage of non stop messages saying we are not perfect until we buy...fill in the blank. Our whole capitalistic, materialistic money driven economy is built on selling us stuff that we don't need, so the resource used is this constant degrading of people thru the mass media. Its shameful and disgusting. In truth we are already whole, perfect and complete.
  7. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

^^;; Umm that is for the most part true. But most companies advertise that our lives are not complete without their product not that we suck at existence without the product.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.