Something went wrong

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Sil, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sil

Sil Well-Known Member

I’ve been around this forum for a while now, I saw many posts of you and answered a few of them. Every post has pain, despair, sorrow… I feel for every one of you, the feelings we feel are pretty much the same, even if they come from different experiences. I was reluctant to post mine, even if I was glad to give support to others, but I think you can’t be trustworthy if you don’t open to other people in a situation similar to yours. It made me feel good when I discovered this place, when people is listening to you, gives you advices without judging. It took me some time before I decided to say this… probably because it seems a minor thing compared to others’ . Anyway...I used to be a nice guy, always ready to give a helping hand, caring for people, being polite with strangers and enjoying my friends. But some time ago... don't know... something went wrong and now I find myself a more apathetic, slugghish and indolent person. Now I act careless towards people, almost I do not talk at all during the day. I can't tell of this even to my closest friends. Everyone was noticed my change, but I can't explain why. I never had a good with my parents, so I never tell them anything. After 4 years at the university I haven't made a single friend or person to talk to during lessons. And of course I have no girlfriend. Actually, I never had a girlfreind. Not even when I was a teenager. I've always been introvert, and since I'm not very confident with my look, I never start a conversation... I became aware that I will be lonely for the rest of my life, that is I think I turned to be the person I am now... disillusioned and depressed. Some day I would like to stay in bed doing just nothing. Love is everything to me, I sometimes figure out how it would be to love someone, but I hardly will know, I don't see how things can change. having a girlfriend seems so natural when you look at other people... why can't it be for me too? My friends are feeling that I have become more distant, I'm sharing very few things with them, and they think I do not consider them friends, but of course it's not true. They are the only people i care for, but somehow i can't open myself to them. I'm not sure they'll understand... hope you do.
    thanks to everyone
  2. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

I'm no doctor, but that sounds like depression to me.

Low self esteem.
    Loss of interest.

Not sure if that is a list of symptoms

Or .............

Its my CV !

Doh !!!!!!!
  3. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been to university for two years and haven't talked to anyone, haven't made a single friend either, unlike EVERYONE else who has at least 20+ friends. Sigh, why am I so abnormal? Either change or learn to be happy with who I am? Everyone always says "Be yourself", but being myself is being a total loser and inferior to everyone. Sigh...:sad:

Is it not nice that you still have friends outside university? I have none and have not and probably never will have a significant other either, gonna be pretty alone, I guess all I can do then is change? But why do I have to be the one to change so much?
  4. mindscribe

mindscribe Member

man...i feel for both of u.

Everyone always says "Be yourself", but being myself is being a total loser and inferior to everyone.

^^my exact thoughts about myself....

its weird how we all kinda got the short straw in life
    n think the same way

the world just
    hates us i guess
    fuck them
    i hate them
  5. Sil

Sil Well-Known Member

This is definitely the worse period of my life... I had so many expectations... and they turned to be nothing
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.