Something you should think twice about

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ozibuna, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozibuna

Ozibuna Well-Known Member

No matter what you think, somebody is always watching you. And everyone will notice you at times, the way you die is one of the ways people would notice you. And there's one thing about humans one must take into consideration, and that is curiosity. Some people are just too curious and often they'll go beyond the "i wonder why he/she did it" question and go to more "i wonder how it feels" questions. And this works especially well on kids since not once did a kid repeat what he saw, bad or good alike, he can't tell yet. A parent knows that he cannot watch over his kid all the time so there always is a window where the kid can do something stupid. Also remember that every little thing can provoke a chain of events good or bad. Maybe some of you will not give any notice to what i just said, maybe some of you will say that i don't know what i'm talking about, what i ask of you is to give this a thought, your own thought and care for those around you, because we're all humans after all.

2. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Ammm... im not really sure what the hek are you talking about?
    Where is the question or whatever?

3. jamie20m

jamie20m Well-Known Member

Half of what you said makes sense. Every action has a chain of other actions, some good some bad. But im feeling very sleepy at the moment so i may have read that wrong.

4. Ozibuna

There is no question. Just a statement.

5. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

If we can look outside our little depressive, suicidal comfort box, we understand that there are others out there who love us and want us to be well. Until I found myself in that dark box, I had no clue what depression and suicidality felt like. All that can be seen or felt is the darkness, and along with that, fear, anger, irrationality, a "who cares?" attitude, thoughts like nobody loves me, everybody hates me, there's no hope for me. We personalize everything, catastrophize everything, every thought goes through our suicidal/depressed filter. I think that finding a way to get out of that box, and then getting out, is one of the most difficult jobs we could face. Fear has us locked in, shut down, paralyzed. We wish we could just "cowboy up", but it isn't that simple. I have a whole lot more understanding of depressed people after having been there for 8 or 10 years.

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Ozibuna. Are you trying to say that people shouldn't comit suicide because of the poor example that it sets for children and others? I agree, if that was the message of your post. Suicides can lead to other suicides in an awful chain reaction. I guess that's why suicides aren't covered by the media (in my country).

7. Ozibuna

Bingo, alas, we don't live in a world without internet any more, now anyone can find. Some sites are even hmm well you know exactly what i mean. Also it doesn't really cover only kids. Such an event can have a detrimental effect on anyone regardless of age or sex. And that's just for the 1st step, 2nd involves the trauma of close friends and relatives since it's not a easy thing to look over.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Ozibuna,
    After talking to my family about my thoughts and how I am always fighting back that urge to commit. My family all said the same thing(that they would be angry and would hold it against me for giving in) They still don't understand how it feels to be in my shoes. They don't realize the pain that is part of depression.
    My daughter and grandaughter said they would never forgive me if I tried it again. She just got on my case last nightn because I smoke and have beginners emphyzema. My doctor put me on an inhaler. Sorry I got off the subject.
    My point is you no matter what, would leave scars on your family. So if you decide to go thru with it, be aware of the pain and sorrow you leave behind....

9. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Twice? I think of that 20 times a day, but still, its something that I must try to forget so to be able to GO free and calm. And as you said, we are humans after all. ANd thats true, we are humans, and there is a limit of the pain we can cope with, and sometimes, the pain is pretty much higher than this limit, and we can not cope amymore, and we must end it, because, we are humans after all, we are not machines, and we have feelings.

10. Ozibuna

Exactly, we are human, yes, and we are in control of a outstanding machine, if i may call it that, and this is where you're wrong, and i'll prove it to you in one very fine example. Parents and their children, and more exact mothers. It is widely known that a mother would do ANYTHING to protect her child, she would even go through terrible torture and dreadful things JUST so her baby will be safe, sound and live to see another day. And it even begins before the baby is born. Us, males, can't understand that since we cannot have that, but a woman would confirm the things she goes through before, during and after the birth of her child. And all i can say that the pain is worth it, because she knew why she was doing what she was doing, she always keeps the main goal in front of her eyes and never lets herself forget. And dads as well, they would do anything for their family. We went to wars to defend our loved ones, we through ourselves in front of danger so as to protect our loved ones. I myself would do anything for my parents if danger was crossing path, even though if it leads to my death (yes, i know, it's zealous, but i love her and she loves me and that's all that matters). So bottom line to this would be yes, we have feelings, and it's those exact feelings that keeps us going, that gives us the edge in controlling this body of ours, and trust me when i say, treat your body well and it WILL treat you better when you need it the most.

11. Well...obviously I cannot speak for anyone else. I've had a couple of uncles commit suicide. Also my father and my brother killed themselves. In my father's case, he pretty much left this world the way he'd lived his life. Full of p*ss and vinegar - utterly bitter. In my brother's case - a truly kind soul, this life had long befuddled him (he'd also suffered much), and I very much sensed he'd quite had more than enough. I didn't begrudge him his peace.

As for me being suicidal - my wish and what I myself had endured was "apples and oranges" compared to them (while all relevant to an individual). It had nothing whatsoever to do with what they had done. So I'd have to say that there was no 'influence' per se. Just my personal 'choice' (tho obviously I didn't go through with it - yet). Um, anyway -- whatever. I've taken the time in my own life thus far to try to fathom the suffering of others - or to fully concede that I cannot do so. And I have found over and again that many others are not capable of doing either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.