sometimes I just don't know what to say

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by morning rush, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I do read other people's posts on here, but sometimes I just don't know what to say, I don't want to make it worse or sound I the only one who is like that...because I do want to help....
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

sometimes hun there is nothing one can say I let them know that they are heard and not alone hun
  3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I hear ya. I do the same thing (I would bet many do). I think we all have good intentions.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah, I feel like that most of the time. I think I stopped posting as much because I know I give worthless advice. But it's good to know there are people here who are really caring and helpful.
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I agree. Many people just need to know we have been heard. That can be the greatest gift of all. the pain and suffering witnessed.
  6. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

its not easy sometimes to help but i try. just listen you know. if you can be an ear for someone i think that helps.
  7. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

a warming post can really make the posters feel that they are not alone and can fight whatever is going in their life.
  8. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

there will be many times that perhaps you feel like you can't really identify with what's being said and that can feel awkward - in my case, i'm not comfortable just offering up platitudes if i don't have anything better

lately i've been mostly silent because i feel so lousy that i can feel whatever i start to say sliding into a rant or complaint of my own - when that happens i don't post in response to someone else because it shouldn't be about my problems

and on some rare occasions maybe i can offer up something from the heart
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.