Sometimes solutions arent so simple… Sometimes goodbye is the only way...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by touglytobeloved, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Just tell me if this is true or false. You dont have to post explanation of your posts, you can just say YES or NO. Although its better if you have something to support your opinion, but its not necessary. And, if you know something about me, if you have read my previous threads, and you can relate or something.... Just tell me.
  2. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

3. touglytobeloved

I forgot to wrote my answer, even i know that you all know it.
  4. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

You listen to Linkin Park often?
  5. LonelyTraveler

LonelyTraveler Well-Known Member

definitely true. Most people want to dance around the issue. I cut to the truth.
  6. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

I think that theres always a solution hiding somewhere. Our minds are usually in to much of a fog to see it.. Yes I know thats easily said. Let me tell you that at this time Im seeing solutions to my problems but I dont want to take those solutions. Im not being stubborn and Im not being uncooperative. Its just I dont think the solutions being offered (the solutions I can see right now) are in my best interest all around.
  7. almosteasy

almosteasy Well-Known Member

lol you posted my signature as part of a thread. Yes, I belive the saying is true. In a lot of cases its definately justified. Ina lot of cases its the most logical solution. But I dont think its ever the best solution
  8. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

Its never black and white. If it were none of us would be here right now having this conversation.
  9. touglytobeloved

I dont listen Linkin Park. Are you talking about a specific song, or?
  10. touglytobeloved

Actually I read it in your signature a few weeks ago...
  11. touglytobeloved

Sometimes it is, trust me... Im not here to talk and solve my problems, but just to vent, and read at least one post which will justified my future events, and the decision that I have already made.
  12. touglytobeloved

If there was a solution for me, I would definitely accept it.
  13. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

Well then..Go out and find it..
    You need to find out whats causing you to feel the way that you do and then do something to change it. If you have a mental condition then medication and therapy maybe good options for you. Many people find life long relief from their pain after they find the right medication..Some people find closure talking with a therapist. They see it as they are able to get their problems off their chest without talking to someone who could destroy them..I will admit that meds and therapy are not for everyone..Right now I am debating the medication issue in my life.. My point it - there is always an option and a way to at least improve and make your situation a more comfortable situation to be..Just go out and look for one and after you find one accept it and dont fight it..
  14. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

None of us likes to be told we're using distorted thinking. I remind myself from time to time that when I think suicide is the only solution or that no one will miss me after a few months, my thinking is distorted.

I'm grateful for a psychiatrist who is sensitive to my needs and adjusts meds often. I'm grateful for a psychologist who hasn't given up on me. I'm grateful for a psychotherapist who cares and shows genuine concern and gives me excellent therapy. I'm grateful for the PTSD group and the Depression/Anxiety group I attend weekly.

For some people meds are all they need. Others' needs can be met through therapy. The combination of meds and therapy is by far the best treatment plan. I've read that many times, and have found it to be true for me.

I've been on meds for three years. I had two stays at a very nice facility for attempters. I've made a number of attempts. I've seen counsellors for two years. Many people, including myself, are praying for me. I've certainly found that "sometimes solutions aren't so simple." I wish. I haven't found the "solution" because I haven't yet found resolution, but I do the same thing millions of others do - I commit myself every day to make it one more day. That's really hard to do sometimes.

There are days now and then when I feel peace of mind. I enjoy those days, especially knowing that they're the exception rather than the rule.

I've said my mental goodbyes quite a few times. Right now, I'm okay with either living or dying - mostly. I'm ready mentally and spiritually to die, so I'm not afraid of death. More afraid of living, I think.

For lots of people, life is hard. For many like us, staying alive is hard.
  15. Aleth

Aleth Well-Known Member

Well, you did ask for both yes and no answers. Why bother asking for both, if you are only looking for one?

The simple truth is that hope IS sometimes futile. But we cannot know for sure because we simply can't see into the future.

If you want a black outlook on it, the Greek tragedian Aeschylus tells a miserable story how the gods wanted man to suffer, so they took away his ability to see the future and replaced it with hope. Hope makes him endure suffering, even when endurance is pointless.

Of course, on the other side of the coin, hope IS often justified.

Have you ever heard of something called "suicidal constriction"? -- essentially a a suicidal person can develop a narrow, tunnel vision in which they simply cannot see solutions.
  16. theothermask

theothermask Member

I guess it is "yes" from me

your question is quite widely interpretable. Saying goodbye is also a solution, and "sometimes" is mostly dependent on more than few conditions. You must understand that only a unaware-of-your-problems person here would simply justify your decision. Or very depressed, or ignorant.
    However you have a little chance of meeting (virtually or really) someone who would rationally support your decision, but if aware of your background and personal reasons and thoughts.
    I would be such a kind, because I think I can't offer any good reasons for anyone to stay alive. I can only listen to you, and if you ground your decision very well, I would not mind. But it must be a god damn good ground to brake (mine's or anyone's) inner walls of perceptions about right and wrong.
  17. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Greek mythology rocks!!:cool: It always makes me think of cool shit like Jason and the Argonauts and Clash of the Titans.:biggrin:
  18. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

They have a song called "Shadow of the Day" in their album Minutes to midnight, and part of the lyrics goes : "Sometimes solutions aren't so simple, Sometimes good bye's the only way"

Just wondering if you've heard it.

There are always two solutions to a problem. One will be harder then the other. But the harder one is sometimes the right one to choose.
  19. touglytobeloved

LOVE is the only cure for me. I know what my problem is, its not some kind of mental illnes or something... Its my life without love, that makes me feel this way, and there is no medication for that.
  20. touglytobeloved

I will listen to this song.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.