sometimes you can't help the feeling

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dazedandconfused, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The feeling takes you over. I thought I was strong, but apparently not as strong as I thought. When I'm thinking rationally I know that I don't want to die, I just want the pain to go away.

Last night I ended up sleeping with a bottle of aspirin on the covers next to me. Fortunately I was dead tired and didn't didn't get the chance to take it before I fell asleep.

Sitting here now, I don't want to die -- the feeling just took me over. I have a feeling that even though the battle was won, but the war still rages on.

Has anyone else ever felt this? How did you deal with it?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2010
  2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Yeah i think we all have felt that same to one degree or another so can relate.

Not sure what to say as I am a bit iffy right now but wanted to let you know I am here to listen and that I care..please share more and get all that crap out of your head.

3. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

i think a lot of us here have all had that feeling,that we dont want to die, but we need and want the pain and suffereing to end so badly and we think the only way it will happen is, by doing the act and taking our own life. The promblem is, that while our pain and suffering may have stopped, it will jsut be the start for everyone around us that ever loved us. Do you have a therapist or a psyc?? i think the improtant part about avoiding taking all the pillls, or doing somehting to endanger our lives is to reach out, post on the boards, go in chat, play a game, go for a walk, have a friend to call, PM people on here, anything, jsut try and keep busy to try and avoid doing something. :hug: keep posting :smile: my PM is always open!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2010
  4. I understand where you're coming from when you say that our pain ending is just the start of it for someone else. I've seen it from both intentional and accidental death with both friends and family. I've always said that I wouldn't do to my family what they did to theirs, but for some reason the feeling just took me over and I couldn't think beyond that feeling I had.

I really don't think that talking about it will help. It's not about anyone else. It's about me, and it's something I feel that only I can get myself out of. I don't have a therapist and I still refuse to admit that I have a problem, even though I'm willing to say anything here. It's a lot easier for me to admit something to a bunch of people that don't know me. Pretty crazy huh?

I sometimes just wish that the few people left in my life weren't there, because it would make this a whole lot easier.

5. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

crazy no way, we are all the same, we all find it easier to admit certain things to people we dont no than to the ones that we no so well. I am completely the same, can say alot of things on here, that i would never tell anyone IRL. i jsut think maybe a therapist may be able to help, as it will still all be about u, and noone else, but they are there to help u think through certain things etc. they can really help :smile: keep posting im still listening :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.