Sometimes you make me....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Daphna, May 15, 2011.

1. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I have been married almost six years now, and we seem to have a problem getting out of the newlywed phase. We are both still so childish, and spoiled in our own ways. It wouldn't be so bad if we were BOTH working on getting out of this phase but WE don't hardly do anything as a team yet. It is really a struggle for me personally, because every time I make an effort I fail by the lack of effort on the other end. Some days I just want to throw a huge all out tantrum. Yes the type where kids generally throw themselves down and flop their hands and feet against the floor screaming in frustration. Its funny now that I think about it, but it's honest.
    Of course me being twenty-nine years old stops me from displaying such behavior, but there is really no other way to relieve this frustration. I have talked and talked and talked.......................................about what is hurting us as a couple and why we struggle. For what?? An agreeing nod of the head and a empty promise of more effort. Being married is supposed to be about teamwork!! There is no I in TEAM yet I am all alone in this or at least it feels like it.

Don't really know what to say other than thanks for reading this. :)

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi you i think couple councilling together can help both of you learn how to work as a team it never hurts to get some help and councilling does bring couples together in that they start to see each other more clearly hugs to you

3. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I agree counseling is a great idea might be worth to looking into...

4. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Yes, but it only works if both people want to do it. Thanks for the advice though! Hugs back! Blessings..

5. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

What kind of issues do you have?

6. total eclipse

sometime marriage councilling works if only one partner chooses to go it help you cope you understand if he chooses not to go should not stop you from going and get the benefits of it.

7. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

We have normal problems I am sure. We are not on the same page about anything. We are total opposite in parenting style; even though we are actually doing a lot better in this area. My husband gets stressed and doesn't share so I am left in the dark until he flips out on me for no reason. Then I have to pull it out of him. Communication is our biggest problem.

8. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I think it's pointless for me to go on my own. I know what I am doing wrong, but knowing is only half the battle.

9. total eclipse

exactly know and doing are two different aspects Going to councilling will help YOU in the doing part but if you feel it is not for you that is alright too. Just sometimes it does help to have a professional take and what can be done hugs

10. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I will think about it. Thanks! My Elder of my assembly does these things for a living. I am more than sure he will help me if I ask. :hug: