Somthing Looming In the Near Future

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Godsdrummer, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I have commuted to my current job for the past 5 years. Prior to that I also did the same 5 year run at a different job where I drive at least 40 miles one way.

Last winter was THE worst. As I struggled thru the worst of my depression and suicidal ideation, and still mournful over the recent loss of my family due to alcoholism, I found myself very scared to drive in the snow.

Basically it's a 2 lane blacktop highway from work to home and back. And it drifts bad.

There were times when traffic went 20 mph or less.
    There was another time when I had to put myself up in a motel over night, as I was too emotionally scared to make the drive home.

And winter is right around the corner. It really scares me to think about trying to do that for another season.

Quite frankly that thought triggers my depression big time. I know I should be a man, and find my backbone, but honestly....I am scared shitless over the prospect of another winter season.

2. KirstyMissJimBob

KirstyMissJimBob Well-Known Member

*hugs* its ok to be scared of things..we all have our fears. i hope the winter goes easy for you.

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I don't like driving in the winter either. It scares me too. I've also stayed at a motel because of the weather and driving conditions. :biggrin: :hug:

4. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Can you move closer to work? Not only more convenient but also a major money saver.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Before winter sets in maybe investing in a good pair of snow tires will give you a little more peace of mind..I rmember when I lived up north I didn't have a defroster so I had to drive with my head out the window..

6. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Heh. I love driving in the winter. My van's a beast in the snow.

My volvo, on the other hand, is a sitting duck.

Don't know your financial situation but if you need to drive in the snow all wheel drive would be really useful, if not chains. My van can easily do 50 in 1-2 inches of snow. It struggles in slush, sometimes.

7. HaveNot

HaveNot Active Member

Driving in the snow is dangerous without the proper equipment/tires. I know you'll make it to work safely everytime. Too bad with your winter comes snow...snow makes me depress for some odd reason and then just seeing it disappear wishing I was that snow....I know your days will shine brighter than you are seeing at the moment. All the best!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.