somthing terrible happened today

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jamesbond, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

i was downtown on my luch break and ran into my ex girlfriend on the street. what were the chances?????? i didnt even know she worked in that part of town. i have been obcessed with her for 3 and half years.......she shook my hand. very polite. SHE HAD A WEDDING RING ON. she's married now. i could hardly speak. i must have turned white. i was polite back. the whole encounter was 12 seconds.

i turned the corner and started balling (discreetly)

i lost my appitite immediatly.. it's 4;00am now. cant sleep. still havent eaten yet.

life has forsaken me.
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

aw that sucks
    im so sorry
  3. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

..for running into your ex?? I admire your passion of feeling how you feel, but 'life has forsaken you' for having had a blast from the past??

Rest assured, your appetite will return, many more people will get married and bumping into those we loved once will eventually cause a sweet heartache rather than a heart stop...:rolleyes:
  4. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Oh JB I know how it feel's when an old love is with someone else,your pain is understandable give it time my dear friend that's the only thing that can soothe the hurt.It's best if you don't see her though of course,try to take thing's easy my friend.
  5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, people move on. I had a chance to talk to an OLD, OLD GF lately. I mean, from my teen years, almost 20 years ago. I didn't know what to say to her. I found her online. I knew I had to say something because I had all this stuff I always wanted to tell her. Not because I wanted her back (I would have thought about it but I knew she was married and I told her that wasn't the reason). It just always felt like I had unfinished business because we parted very abruptly, never really got to say goodbye, etc.

So, I told her all the things I wanted to tell her. And I told her why I was telling her all these things. Just to get them off my chest. I told her I wasn't trying to interfere with her life or anything.

She wrote back. Just a short note. Didn't say much. Said she'd like to keep writing. So, I wrote her some more and that was the last of it. She never wrote back. I waited some 5 months before I wrote her again (just trying to give her some time and let her know I wasn't trying to be stalkerish). I wrote a short and simple note asking if she still wanted to talk. Nothing.

I would have liked to have talked to her more. Because there's a lot I don't remember about those days. I wanted to ask her some things. Things I just always wanted to know. I guess she felt weird being married and all. And maybe it seemed weird having someone from so long ago popping up out of nowhere. I don't know. But she could have just said so. I wouldn't have been upset with her if she said she didn't feel right about it or wasn't comfortable talking with me. I'm not upset even though she didn't respond. It just left an open space.

Now I wish I hadn't gotten in touch with her at all. I did satisfy my curiosity about where she was, what she's been doing and everything. You can't help but wonder about that stuff. But in doing so, I kind of spoiled one of the best memories I have from my youth. The memory isn't quite so special anymore. Kind of feels.....tainted. I should have known better. Sometimes it's best if you leave the past alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.