Son Johnny and Me..

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by jimk, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

to open and be honest here, I avoid this forum most of the time. reason for that is that there are too many old wounds in me that get triggered in me.. in previous times I along with a dear friend opened and staffed and maintained a website for abuse survivors.. we did that for almost 8 yrs. it was good in it's time but eventually we had to close the website.. she and I steered the membership to other abuse forums..

truth is my parents should never have been parents and the same for my friend.. we both almost did not live thru and survive to escaping .. only a few people have heard what happened then.. and not going to come forth from me here now.. me and my friend are both in much better shape now.. thank you god, our therapists and friends... the actions that some people perpetrate on who are supposed to be their loved ones is lot of time not to be believed... much less understood.. Katie my ex wife lived thru horrors also..

john our beloved son will be 37 in November.. john is disabled, autistic, non verbal and a great young man.. early years for john were very difficult.. his own living hell most times till about 7 yrs or so.. that hell I think was because he knew he was very different than most other people.. and knew that condition was probably perjmanet and he did not know why and understand it all.. special ed was a godsend for him and his other 5 young people with autism.. thank you cathy and sue..

the meat and gist of what I want to say is that john never had to go thru and receive from us what had been done to us.. Katie and I will keep trying to help, do the best we can for our son johnny until we take our last breath on this earth.. only once have I raised my voice with johnny.. that was when he was attacking and hurting a person.. that had to be stopped and I had to get thru to him then..

john with those gorgeous eyes looking at us all the time, just radiates trust to us.. he knows we care and will always try to do our best for him... most times he feels safe now.. not like the early years at all for him.. knowing he trusts and loves us is something I really cant describe and tell you just how good that feels and is...

Johnny, I love you!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
  2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

You and Katie have somehow managed to give John what you never had, loving caring parents. That's an incredible achievement. My consolation for being barren is that I have never hurt a child as I was hurt. I know I couldn't have done half as well as Katie and you.
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

You are an amazing father Jim, and and inspirational person. Your Johnny is so lucky to have you, and you to have him. Well done!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.