Son of a Bitch

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by pither, Mar 19, 2009.

1. pither

pither Well-Known Member

Well, I can't say I didn't see this shit coming from a mile away.
    It was just a matter of who would crack first. It always is.

My ASSHOLE father continues to amaze me with the shit that spews from his hypocritical mouth. I just can't even believe the things he says-
    Tonight he comes down stairs bitchin' about how he's sick and tired of cleaning up after us all the time. Bullshit! Just fucking bullshit! He has been home and not working for the passed 11 fucking years, laying around and moanin' about his fucking "Chronic Fatigue". Yeah, I'm sure he has it, but he uses that shit to his advantage all the fucking time. "Think about your mom for once!" He said. BULLSHIT! That fat ass hasn't lifted a fucking finger for her in months! I hate him! Hypocrite! Asshole! The list goes on!

My mom does fucking EVERYTHING for him. He's too stupid to even keep track of all his medical shit, so what does he do? Leaves it to his wife who works second shift, raises his five kids, takes care of the house, tracks the finances! Be a fucking man! Grow the hell up! Be a partner to your wife instead of sleeping for 4 fucking days in a row! I'm so done with his shit. I have been for years now. I'm just waiting for all his bad eating habits and medical problems to finally take his sorry ass. He just isn't worth it anymore. He doesn't do anything for this family. All he cares about is himself, he always has-

-em

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear about your current and past situation. Have you ever spoken to him about him not helping out much.
    What does your mother say about all this.

3. pither

pither Well-Known Member

We've talked, gotten into huge fights, but nothing ever changes.
    He's just got so many problems he can't even keep after himself much less anyone else.

My mom is the manager at Crisis Intervention and she's back in school to get her masters in psychology, so she knows the ropes pretty well to say the least. She always tries to motivate my dad and keep everybody together. She's the most wonderful person you could ask for as a mother. And he just constantly takes advantage of her. He as sever depression and anxiety disorder, ADD, Chronic Fatigue, type two diabetics, a pacemaker, and multiple other health problems. But he's been told how to fix it. He's been given meds that work and a plan to change his life, he just won't do it. It's ripping our family apart-

-em

4. daniel2

daniel2 Banned Member

You can't wait for your father to die and be less of a burden on the family? You are something special.

5. Anime-Zodiac

Couldn't a family member from your father's side of the family speak to your father? Like a brother or sister of his?

6. pither

pither Well-Known Member

You have no idea what it's like to live with someone like him. Two years ago he got pissed off because he wanted a camera for Christmas and my mom told him that if they got it, it would have to be a gift for both of them and she didn't want that. So you wanna know what my father did? He came down stairs and picked up our Christmas tree and threw it across the room. He ripped his stocking in half as he screamed at the top of his lungs that our house was a hell hole and he didn't care if we all left him there to die.

He's the one who triggered my cutting. Three years back he was angry because my mom called him out on the house work. So he called all of his children down stairs and told us that we were "Worthless little bastards". He said he wished he never would have met our mom so that we would have never been his problem. He told us that he didn't care if we lived or died and that he hated living with us. Then he sent us all up to our rooms as he trashed the downstairs. So I laid in bed and listened to my siblings scream and cry in their rooms all night until they cried themselves to sleep. It hurt worse than the awful things he said.

He isn't a partner to my mom at all. Last year my dad stopped taking his medication and thought that my mom came home so late because she didn't want to be with him. She works second shift! So he waited for her to come home to yell at her for it, even when my mom got up at six that morning, did all the house work, made lunch and dinner, took her kids everywhere, and then went to work till midnight.

My dad is a coward. We have a large family and sometimes money is really short. So when my dad wanted to go to an action and couldn't because we had to wait till pay day he took two Xanax every eight hours so he could sleep through the rough spot. But really that's not selfish and unbelievably childish, is it?

How can you judge me when you don't know my situation? Maybe you and your father have a wonderful relationship, maybe you don't. But either way I don't care about your opinion because you have no clue what goes on in my life. My father has been told how to fix his problems. He has been given options, but he chooses to be lazy and ignore them. He's happy being waited on hand and foot, he's used to his ridiculous lifestyle. I've tried to be understanding of his illnesses, but he uses them to his advantage all the time. I'm done making excuses for him. He isn't a father or a husband, he's become nothing but a problem.

-em

7. pither

pither Well-Known Member

My dad had a really bad childhood and his dad denied that he was his father until my dad turned 16. Plus my grandfather is even worse than my dad is. Our grandmother died of breast cancer when I was around 5. My dad has a half sister,but she isn't a part of our lives. So no, there isn't anyone who can talk to him-

-em

8. Anime-Zodiac

Has your father always been like this? His childhood/background perhaps has some influence on his current personality and attitude.

9. pither

pither Well-Known Member

Oh it does for sure. My dad was a druggie in high school and he wasn't treated very well as a kid. In fact his life before he met my mom was pretty crappy-

I'm sure his past substance abuse and his childhood play a major role in his attitude and overall people skills.

10. Anime-Zodiac

Have you ever spoken to him about his past?
    I'm guessing that the only way you can forgive him is if he changed his ways. It sounds like from your opening post, that you might be past forgiving him.

11. pither

pither Well-Known Member

That's the thing about my dad, he says he had a horrible past, but he talks about it like it's a war medal or a badge of honor. I've heard his stories so many times I could tell them to you backwards. I just can't stand it. Maybe we're watching tv or listening to the radio and a certain song comes on, he'll go into this crazy detailed story about how him and his buddies got high and then listened to this song or watched that movie. It's so ridiculous how he says he'll kick our asses if we touch drugs, but then he rants about how he's snorted and smoked all kinds of shit.

Or if one of us gets in trouble, he'll say his step dad was the meanest bastard you ever met in you're life. That we're so lucky to have such "merciful" parents.

And his problems are ALWAYS worse than yours! I had the flu last month and it lasted for almost a week and a half. Believable, right? Well of course he got it too and it lasted "Almost three weeks" and we can't forget about how he "feels like shit 24/7" anyways. You say "I have a splitting headache", he says "welcome to my world". I hate it.

I used to feel bad about the way I feel, but I've grown to know that he isn't gonna change for nobody, not even his own fucking family. I used to give him another chance, try to understand, but now I just don't even care. Hurt me once, shame on you. Hurt me twice, shame on me. and it's been fuckin' shame on me for the past 10 years of my life. He's always joking that we're gonna put him in a home and mom is gonna stay with one of us, well he's got something right for a fucking change-

-em

12. Anime-Zodiac

Well one thing you could aim for is, finishing your education off and then you can move out and have your own life. The same goes for your siblings.
    I was thinking, perhaps one of the reasons why your mother stays is because of not wanting to break the family and because of you and your siblings not being of a certain age.
    But then you could say, that it makes no difference because your father doesn't bring in any money nor does he help out, etc.