Song recommendation to cutters/selfharmers who are also metal lovers.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by AsphyxiateOnMisery, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

The song is basically about cutting and suicidal thoughts. It really helped me, personally, to listen to it when I felt like cutting or suicidal, so I thought I'd share it with others here. It didn't help to make the thoughts go away, but it was nice to listen to something that I could relate to at that moment. I love it so much that I used a lyric from this song in my signature on this forum :)

But as stated in my title, it is a metal song, so only hard rock/metal lovers would probably enjoy listening to it.

It's called: "The Last One for Life" by Eternal Tears of Sorrow

If you're not a metal head, but a nevertheless, a self-harmer and don't want to listen to the song itself, here are the lyrics instead. I think they are very relatable to many people here and very beautiful and poetic:

I hear the silent whispers,
    Darkness upon me,
    All those empty words
    from the buried heart

I don't know where fear ends
    and where hate begins,
    It's all the same to me,
    Life is falling apart

Hand in hand...side by side
    I walk with fate in the night.

The red fluid of life is flowing right along my arms,
    I feel the sweet blade diving deep inside,
    This moment I've been waiting for so long a time,
    when I know the last cut will be for my life

I've looked through the eyes of pain
    and seen the smile of death
    I've wandered in the shadows of my fears

The feathers of a white dove
    were stained by darkened tears
    The final tune is soon to be played

Hand in hand...side by side
    I walk with death in the night...
  2. Miss Misery

Miss Misery Active Member

That's a really nice song. I think that people who don't consider themselves metalheads will enjoy it.
    I don't think it's going to hold me back, though. :/
  3. AsphyxiateOnMisery

Yeah, like I said, it doesn't help make the thoughts go away :/ but I know from experience that it's nice to listen to something you can relate to at the time. Cause at least you don't feel like you're totally alone.
  4. Medusa.

Medusa. Well-Known Member

Its a good song I like it, I really love the music too its pretty.
    I hope its okay if I show another song its more screamo but its about cutting its called "Her Only Medicine" by Mozart Season.
  5. AsphyxiateOnMisery

Yeah I love the music too. It's called melodic death metal. Melodic metal is great, it always sounds so cool when they combine piano or violin with drums and guitar. I gave your song a listen too, it's pretty good. I used to listen to screamo back in the day. First screamo band for me was bullet for my valentine. But I progressed to loving metal as I got older :)
  6. this isn't a metal song, but I listen to it a lot and it makes me feel better: I'm in Here by Sia. if anyone's interested c:
  7. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

Well here's my list of songs that really help me, and most of them are metal

Crawling- Linkin Park
    To Hell and Back- blessthefall
    Lithium- Evanescence
    The unnamed feeling-Metallica
    Get well- Icon for hire
    Iodine- Icon for hire
    Take this life- In flames
    Somewhere I belong- Linkin Park
    Erase my scars- Evans Blue
    Its all over- three days grace
  8. AsphyxiateOnMisery

In Flames, hell yeah. Horns up to that :headbang:

Also, I'm a little hesitant to admit it, but I do like 3DG as well :shy: ...Especially the "One X" album.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.