Songs That Save Lives

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by ScarsandHopes, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScarsandHopes

ScarsandHopes Well-Known Member

I know for a fact, that music has played a major part in me being alive today. So, to dedicate to that fact I'm posting this. Who knows? Maybe these will save someone elses' life!

So, post a song! Maybe one that you listen to frequently when you feel you can't go on that pulls you away from that feeling. OR maybe one that you just heard once that put a smile on your face and made you decide to wait another day, just to see. :)

Here are a few of mine: (You may even feel like putting a description of WHY the song helped you :) :) )

-- Jumper by Third Eye Blind -- It really speaks to me. It tells me that some people really try to help me, and even if I don't like them anymore for trying to help me, they don't care. They were there for me, and they'll be there for me again.

-- Hold On by Good Charlotte -- It made me realize that everyone feels pain. That everyone bleeds the same, and that everyone goes through tough things in their life. It helped me in the sense that it allowed me to reach outside of my mind to see the real world. And people's suffering, not just my own. So that I was/am better able to help myself/others.

I've got a ton of others, BUT I want to learn more than type! So tell us what your life-saving songs are! :hug:

2. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

I hate doing multiple posts, so I'll do it all at once:

"Still Alive" by Jonathan Coulton and GLaDOS - I can't not smile when I'm listening to this.

"Focus Shall Not Fail" by All That Remains - It helps me keep focused, especially with the lyrics "fear not at all my focus shall not fail, I shall not fall and nor shall I despair".

"Leaving All Behind" by Cellador - It just reminds me of all of the times I've moved, and that leaving everything behind isn't the end of the world.

"Doomsayer (The Beginning of The End)" by Darkest Hour - It's an inspirational song that keeps me going.

"You're Never Alone", "Live For This", "Mind Over All", "Threshold", and "As Diehard As They Come" by Hatebreed - However, I should point out the majority of Preservance and Supremacy were really motivational. These are just my favorite.

"Counterweight" by Heaven Shall Burn - I feel like this is my song about school, for some reason.

"Taking The World By Storm" by Kataklysm - It's just a song that gets me pumped.

"Fear Catalyst" by Scar Symmetry - It has one set of lines that makes me really pumped, and has made me push harder when I would have given up.

"Darkangel" by VNV Nation - No way to describe this one. It's just a surreal experience for me.

"See Who I Am" by Within Temptation - Just a really motivational song for me, sung by a beautiful singer.

And then, everything by Dark Tranquillity. (They're my favorite band, in case anyone hasn't noticed.)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.