Soo indecisive...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by CSouth, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSouth

CSouth New Member

Hey, I signed up on this forum because I don't really know what my problem is, but I know I have one. Just reading a few threads on here has made me feel a little better because I know I'm not the only one feeling this way.

Anyway, to the problem, I've always been a little indecisive, not wanting to make the wrong decision and having to deal with the consequences and humiliation that comes along with it. Right now I'm at another huge crossroad in my life were I have to make a decision and live with it. I currently live with relatives on the west coast of the US, work for them and am starting school this semester. I really hate it. They are the most depressed people who hate each other but don't show it but that tension is always there. They've recently stopped paying me to pay other employee's first because of financial issues but I continue to work because I feel obligated because they have helped me so much. I'm like the sad clown up there, they use my past success to 'show me off' and entertain others while depression grows inside of me. I have no friends, no social life, and no time to myself. I have lost all motivation and interest in opposite sex. I know if I stay there I will go crazy but I will be financially secure and end up with a very good job and no financial concerns in the future.

My choice, is to go back home and live with my parents while I finish school and work my dream job with my dad. I won't be nearly as financially secure, but I will be happy and have my friends and family around again. I don't know why this is such a hard decision... I know the grass is always greener on the other side, but the way I'm feeling everything is greener than where I'm at. I want to be successful and not have to worry like my parents did about finances and pretty much live paycheck to paycheck. I'm not asking for what I should do, but any advice would be great as I am so confused. I guess it comes down to laziness or complacency... I don't know...

2. Tastelikeblood

Tastelikeblood Well-Known Member

In my opinion I instantly thought dream job, I would much rather be happy than live to work. I would take friends and family over a job any day.

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

My step dad always said, "Do what you love, the money will follow."

I have found I do better when I'm not being dragged through other peoples problems. It sounds like your family would be a far more peaceful place for you.

4. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

To me this says it all. I would choose what makes me happy and if you know that you will be happy there I think it's a good choice. Best of luck to you with your decision.

5. CSouth

CSouth New Member

Thank you for your responses, I have some soul searching to do, but just sharing my feelings with others is really relieving - weird I know! You guys have an awesome forum here, I will continue to check it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.