sooo O_O

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by absolution, Jul 7, 2010.

1. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

So I have recently started individual therapy as well as a group therapy called DBT (dialectal behavioral therapy). I had my first group session yesterday afternoon and I think It may have been the hardest thing I have to do in a long time. I have a hard time with the social aspects of things and so that part was hard. But it wasn’t the hardest part. The hardest part was when a woman started talking about her father hurting her and stuff. It triggered me and the rest of the group was really hard. I guess its good knowing that im not alone but I guess I didn’t expect to be shown that in the first session. Im scared to go back but know its what is best. I want to get better and move forward but its terrifying being there. Maybe it will get better im not sure. Im just really confused I guess you could say :tongue:

As for the individual therapy…. Hmmm…. Well its not EASIER per say but I like it better than group. Because I only feel one set of eyes on me as I talk. My therapist is really nice and I have worked with her before. I told her a little about “him” and she understood better than I could have ever imagined. I’m not sure how I expected her to react to be honest. I guess I feel like if I see myself as gross and dirty than so should everyone else. But she don’t see me like that and to be honest that kind of scares me. Its like challenging everything I have been told over the years I guess in a way.

Im sorry if this makes no sense and im not sure what I really want out of this thread. I guess I just needed to vent, and vent I guess I did. :biggrin: :grouphug:
  2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Only you can make this choice Sam, and if you believe it is best than it is. You are in my prayers. I have faith in you! Blessings..
  3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Thanks hun :hug: :cheekkiss: I think its best now but i know once the day comes to go back i wont think its the best thing :D :laugh:
  4. frostbitten1997

frostbitten1997 Account Closed

Im proud of you that you went.Keep going,give it a chance to work.I know it can.:sheep2::hugtackles:
  5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

It makes loads of sense and what you're doing is amazing.:hugtackles:

If DBT gets too unsafe for you, you can talk to the faciliator. I'd have similar feelings if I were feeling the way you are.
  6. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Thanks Marks :hug: :sheep2:

:hugtackles: Yeah i will talk to her if it gets bad again. Thanks hun :)