sore throat

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by swimmergirl, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

any tips?
  2. SweetVitriol

SweetVitriol Antiquitie's Friend

Try not to purge for a few days hon...I know that sounds lame advice, but if you rip the lining of your throat through purging, you open yourself to so many infections that hospitalisation in inevitable..And we all know what that could mean...

Please stay safe..I am not judging you (I hardly have the moral high ground) I just don't want you to end up with something that may leave you without your liberty & freedom, consigned to a hospital bed
  3. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

If I stop purging, then I just wont eat. Right now though< I can't stop purging. I feel completely fucked, and physically feel like I am going to drop dead at any moment. So, really a sore throat is the least of my worries. But thanks for the reply, it makes sense, I just wish I knew how to stop.
  4. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

Cough drops and suckers always help me.Definatly just get some simple sore throat medicine.(lol go with the little melty strips,they are so cool! :p)

Trust me you don't want it to turn into strep...omg the swabbing....not that strep didn't feel extremely bad in the first place.

Strep=20x worse
  5. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Slippery elm to coat the lining and it's good for the stomach too. Rest and don't use your voice. Gosh, I hated those days!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Lexicon

Lexicon Well-Known Member

Heya I also find bicarbonate of soda mixed with water and lemon works well. Tastes DISGUSTING. However, it neutralises the acid in your stomach (which stops the horrible reflux I get) and also seems to soothe any acid lingering directly after vomiting.

Hope that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.