sorrow and despair

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by liveinhope, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

Today i woke up and wondered why? why has i bothered to open my eyes to make myself struggle on for yet another 24hours? Tomorrow would have been the birthday of my dear friend who had lived with us for 10 years, we were sould mates. She died in a fire 12 weeks ago and the police are looking into arsen, so mant loved ones have died in the lasr few years all sudden all young, you await the next call to say somebody else has died. I have become numb emotionless. All those i cared about have gone and i want to go to, i feel totally inadequate as a mum,partner and i only now have one close friend who is suffering herself for very different reasons
    I miss them all and just want to be with them
  2. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

I wish I know what to say. I lost my Mom a while back, which is what landed me here, and sometimes I feel like I want to go be with her. But I know that's not what she would want. And your loved ones wouldn't want that for you, either. Please be safe and know that I care about you. :flowers: You can send me a PM anytime. :hug:
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Hun, you are still grieving the loss of your friend. Give yourself time to do this. It doesn't happen overnight. 12 weeks is not all that long. Sometimes it takes years. Maybe the friend that is struggling needs you to help support her. She in turn can support you. You can lean on each other.When I lost my dad, a good friend of mine lost her father-in-law and then 6 months later lost her husband. We were both grieving, wondering how we were going to continue on, and why we should. We shared our thoughts and feelings with each other. We spent hours crying together, still do. Sometimes we need that human touch. The reassurance that ,yes, life can go on despite all the atrocities, the losses. This probably is not much help to you, and for that I am sorry. Know taht you can get through this. It takes work and determination. You will feel like giving up so many times, but push through. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.