Sorry but

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Ok I'm sorry to say this, but I can't deal with this anymore.
Every night I'm getting stuck in pms with people who feel they can't talk to anyone because chat mustn't have any serious conversations.
Then when I come out of pms emotionally exhausted and I get attacked by members in the chat room.
As I'm neither made of iron nor as insensitive as a rhino, I'm going to bed in tears night after night.
Enough is a fucking nough.
BYE!!!

Esmeralda

Terry:hug: Take time for yourself! You can't help anyone in the state you are in...you need to be as kind to yourself as you have been to all of us. Sometimes it feels like a vampiric world, everyone taking and taking, giving nothing back, bleeding you dry. If you need to take a break, please do it, but take care of yourself and if you can't come back here, at least stay in this world. It needs you :) PM me if you need someone you can lean on for a change :)

Ignored

Staff Alumni
It's not the case that chat shouldn't have any serious conversations, just that predominantly that it was designed for a bit of light relief. However, it does say that people won't be turned away for wanting a bit of support and of course, it's not disallowed. Terry, I think you do a great job but perhaps you cannot always take responsibility for others, and have to put yourself first at times (easier said than done, I know). :hug:

N

Nakur

"I'm going to bed in tears night after night."
That is not healthy, maybe you should take some time off from being a mod and take some time to relax before having to deal with everyone elses problems again.

Also, I don't know if they mean it as to "attack" you.. but I guess there are always two sides to a story.

The swearing at the end wasn't really necesarry tho but that's alright.

PS. I feel that when a mod knows he/she cannot handle the current situations they should consider handing the job to someone else for the time being so that they can calm down and relax and so that there won't be any mistakes made due to a mod being upset with someone and kicking/banning them just for that. Tho I realise how insensitive that must sound, it is still the logical thing to do and might even be best for everyone.

animebling

Terry you are a truly amazing person. You've helped so many people and are so kind. No one should be attacking and I am very disappointed in those who do.

LetItGo

Staff Alumni
Am I wrong in suggesting this, but is there a certain core set of ppl that seem to be the center of most of these arguements? If they cant accept the mods decision, and want to start yet another arguement about it, its about time to get the perma ban stick out...lifes too short to put up with this bickering on a constant basis, especially on a suicide site.

N

Nakur

So because I genuinely think you should put your own health first, then you feel the need to blaim it on me? nice.

PS. As said before MJ, there are always 2 sides to a story,.. simply banning one side for disagreeing is just not right.

gentlelady

Staff Alumni
Terry, please don't take these things to heart. You know what you do is right. You do not have to please anyone here. Don't give up hun. Don't let things get under your skin that shouldn't. Rest tonight. It will be a new day tomorrow. Take care hun. :hug:

LetItGo

Staff Alumni
So because I genuinely think you should put your own health first, then you feel the need to blaim it on me? nice.

PS. As said before MJ, there are always 2 sides to a story,.. simply banning one side for disagreeing is just not right.
In the end, there has to be a decision made, and its the mods who make it, if a certain group of people want to constantly clash with mods about those decisions, I see no alternative but to permanently ban those members. Its not worth the grief to continue down this same road, day after day.

N

Nakur

I disagree with your statement.

" if a certain group of people want to constantly clash with mods about those decisions"

There is nothing to "want", you make it look like these people enjoy fighting with each other. You are completely ignoring the fact that they are human beings aswell. and that they have problems too. Just because people disagree doesn't mean 1 group is right. I do however agree that things should calm down.. but there are better ways of reaching that goal.

Sa Palomera

I think it's all gone too far the last months. :sad:
People are upset, people don't wanna go into chat anymore, people are getting even more suicidal than they already were.

Why all fight? it's always the same riddle. Every night between say midnight/1am GMT and 6am GMT there's fights. always about the same things. It needs to change, it's affecting the entire community, everyone on it, except for people who don't have any compassion towards others :sad:

I've noticed you always are the one to help others, and that's a wonderful trait. Not many people will take the time to personally talk to a whole variety of people and help them with their problems one on one. Not many at all in fact, well not unless they're getting paid..

Anyways, what I meant to say is..Although it's a wonderful thing you do, helping people through conversation.. You definately should not take the weight of the world upon your shoulders either. It's best to sometimes let people figure out their own things and rely upon themselves. Because in reality the only real friend you will (or any person) ever have in your/their life is yourself/themselves. At least do yourself a lil personal healing and take some time off hun and give yourself "me time" to read a nice book, take a warm bath, an evening or two off the net completely and regain some of your calm sense of self.

*hugs* Either way, whatever you do I Hope you feel better soon.

B

black_rose_13

see how many people are behind you terry :hug: no you dont have to go through things alone

LetItGo

Staff Alumni
I disagree with your statement.

" if a certain group of people want to constantly clash with mods about those decisions"

There is nothing to "want", you make it look like these people enjoy fighting with each other. You are completely ignoring the fact that they are human beings aswell. and that they have problems too. Just because people disagree doesn't mean 1 group is right. I do however agree that things should calm down.. but there are better ways of reaching that goal.
Certainly there are two sides to every story, perhaps "want" is the wrong word, "predisposed" might be a better word. Its about accepting a decision by someone thats been given the role and authority to make that decision. Im not somebody that particularly likes authority, but I can understand the role it plays in a site like this, and I accept it.

The rules are there for everyone to see, the interpretation of those rules IS ALWAYS going to vary slightly from one mod to another...thats just how it is, and how it will always be. I can understand someone disagreeing with a decision from time to time, but it seems to me its the same group of people disagreeing with decisions on a daily basis...Something is clearly wrong there.

R

Raiden

The rules are there for everyone to see, the interpretation of those rules IS ALWAYS going to vary slightly from one mod to another...thats just how it is, and how it will always be. I can understand someone disagreeing with a decision from time to time, but it seems to me its the same group of people disagreeing with decisions on a daily basis...Something is clearly wrong there.[/QUOTE]

Take this to the soap box, this is off topic, as shygirl previously mentioned.

N

Nakur

Im not one to say which decision is right. But seeing as mods are people too, they let their emotions affect their judgement just aswell as the "other group" does.

I feel that it is wrong to simply blaim one group just because the other group happens to be mods. They make mistakes just aswell as everyone else.

That is the point im trying to get across, nothing else.
There is no need to target a group again and again just because they aren't mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00