Sorry for being selfish but I'm really hurting

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadhart, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

It's hard coming on this site nowadays...I never feel I get the right words out to express my hurt and sadness, and I never have anyhting helpful to say to anyone else. But I am really frustrated and tired of my life. I am still hurting over a rejection from five years ago and I am now convinced it will never stop hurting. I hate myself for not being good enough to worth her time and I wish I could stop hurting about it. More so, five years later, my life is becoming clear is nothing more than a mistake and will never be of any meaning. I am five months sober, but I want a drink so bad to numb the pain because everyday I get up is nothing more than a continuation of more hurt and pain. I know this is just a bunch of whining and rambling, but soon I think I have no real alternative but to muster up the strength and courage to "leave." There's more, but I find it too hard to explain in every detail how much I hurt and am sick of life. Sorry if none of this made enough sense.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Just want you to know I'm listening, and I care. :hug: Here if you feel like talking. And the fact you're 5 months sober is really awesome!

3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Good job for being 5 month sober.

Sometimes being rejected paves a path to a better future. But we still take it personal. Not to make it sound cold but if a girl didnt want you why waste your time with a girl that is missing out on having you in her life. Plenty of fish in the sea and there are better fish outta there. You deserve hella better than this.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh hun be proud of YOU 5 mths sobriety that is such an accomplishment you keep going ok the right one will come alone and you will be stronger for abstaining you will be able to focus on a new relationship hugs

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey there,congratulations on being sober for 5 months...that is a great start and you should be very proud. I really am sorry you're feeling so down. You are not being selfish at all. SF is always here for you. :)

6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am so sorry to hear that you are down. I can understand you being so down with rejection but you should be proud of yourself for being sober. That has been so hard to deal with in the beginning especially not giving into temptation. You should be proud of yourself in what you have achieved. Do not do anything as you deserve to live your life.

7. sadhart

I don't know why this rejection is so different from other ones, okay? It just hurts...that's all I know.

8. sadhart

I appreciate what you said, but I am really doubting whether I deserve to keep living.

9. deftones250

deftones250 New Member

Let me just ask you one thing: have you tried exercise? Oh and please keep up the sobriety, that will certainly be to your benefit in this situation.

10. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Its supposed to hurt. The deeper the love is for someone the deeper the pain will be.

11. sadhart

I'm not sure if it's supposed to hurt this long....a rejection from someone shouldn't hurt like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.