Sorry for posting

sadhart

SF Supporter
I have been hesitant to post but I need to get this out. I started my break from work last week and i still have another week left before I go back. I have been trying to be productive but it's been difficult. Like this morning I went out and walked to the store, but going and coming back from there, I felt overwhelmed with emotional pain (sorry for sounding dramatic). It's hard to explain in detail but it's over various things going on. Right now, i tried to watch Wonder Woman 1984 but am just really distracted with negative thoughts and feelings. I feel stupid saying it like that. I just wish I wasn't always feeling so worthless and hopeless. Sorry if that didn't make sense.

eF577w0mK

I think there is a tendency to believe that, if you feel overwhelmed by negative emotions, you should in a sense run away from them, distract yourself and go back to the positive things. In my personal experience such method doesn't work very well, because when I have a negative thought of great magnitud about the fundamental value of my existence, I can't simply ignore THAT. It would be as if the house is on fire but I have to pretend everything is fine.

Instead, I don't struggle with the emotions neither I distract myself from them, but rather I try to find a distraction which also deals with the issue. That way, I get something positive without feeling that I'm neglecting the bomb which will destroy my life. Pure entertainment doesn't help me, but watching films where the characters deal with pain and lonelines in an honest and realistic manner, and find beauty in the way, that comforts me immensely.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i'm sorry that you aren't doing well @sadhart please don't be too hard on yourself. you said you are still on break from work. try to enjoy your break, maybe do something productive but also rest and just chill watching movies or listening to music etc. and you are not being dramatic so never be sorry for venting, this is why SF is here. i hope you feel better soon. if you ever want to talk or vent feel free to use my inbox.

mike...*hug*shake

KindaOtiose

I wouldn't worry about it too much @sadhart. I know what it's like to try and be productive, but fail. Although it can be frustrating, it's not worth beating yourself up over. If distracting yourself helps you feel better, it is worth doing that.

If there are tasks you want to accomplish, maybe it might be worth listing them in priority order or breaking them up into smaller, more accomplishable tasks, but try not to beat yourself up if they don't get done.

Sending hugs *brohug.

Anonymous ID

I have been hesitant to post but I need to get this out. I started my break from work last week and i still have another week left before I go back. I have been trying to be productive but it's been difficult. Like this morning I went out and walked to the store, but going and coming back from there, I felt overwhelmed with emotional pain (sorry for sounding dramatic). It's hard to explain in detail but it's over various things going on. Right now, i tried to watch Wonder Woman 1984 but am just really distracted with negative thoughts and feelings. I feel stupid saying it like that. I just wish I wasn't always feeling so worthless and hopeless. Sorry if that didn't make sense.
That made sense to me and I understand. If you want to say more, I'm listening. I'm taking a break from work as well and all this extra thinking time is killing me on the inside. Sometimes it feels like I'm running out of options of what to do to make it stop, if you know what I mean? I'm sure you do. Hang in there with me. We can get through this

sadhart

SF Supporter
I wouldn't worry about it too much @sadhart. I know what it's like to try and be productive, but fail. Although it can be frustrating, it's not worth beating yourself up over. If distracting yourself helps you feel better, it is worth doing that.

If there are tasks you want to accomplish, maybe it might be worth listing them in priority order or breaking them up into smaller, more accomplishable tasks, but try not to beat yourself up if they don't get done.

Sending hugs *brohug.
Yes, I have made a list of sorts, though I'm trying not to force myself to do things by a certain dead line if that makes sense.

sadhart

SF Supporter
Today one of my biggest concerns took place. I have been having some communication issues with the company that is over my apartment. They get talking about needing to get my carpet cleaned and so I decided to be as ready as possible. I don't have a lot of stuff and so I was able to get things in my closets and the rest in the kitchen area. For some reason they talked as if the carpet cleaning was going to take a few hours when I think it was barely a half hour if that even. The only problem was that at some point during the cleaning, one of the workers closed the bathroom door to clean the hallway and I didn't realize it until they had left but the bathroom door was locked from the inside. I managed to get it open with a butter knife though.

I am thinking of going to the movies tomorrow...something I haven't done in some time. I'm trying not to dwell on the negative or pain I feel and I'm trying to be productive without putting too much pressure on myself.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00