sorry i attempted, i'm going to be away for a while i expect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper

Hello there fellow atheist. I don't know what <Mod Edit: Abacus21 - quotes edited post> is, but I heard that taking drugs to kill yourself is a bad idea. It's a worse idea than trying to kill yourself to begin with. It can do serious damage to your organs, and although it may not matter if you ultimately want to kill yourself, but suppose something amazing happened in your life and you decided to change your mind? You would still be suffering organ damage and that wouldn't make much sense would it?

I am with you though with the whole, 'you are going to hell' thing and 'I will try to save you' and 'god has a purpose for you' crap. Why can't people see that we really don't believe in god? It's so annoying.

I joined this athiest forum if your interested. I don't have to worry about people saying the above mentioned stuff there and you can talk about whatever the hell you like and they are really knowledgable about stuff.
http://atheists.com/modules.php?name=Forums

If I was in the UK, I would love to just go hang out. I was thinking the same thing actually. Unfortunatey, I'm in the states. If you were in Georgia, we would be hanging out tonight:biggrin: I don't even have any friends here and I've lived here all my 21 years (except for 2).

Last edited by a moderator:

sorry_mozart

LeaveMeAlone - I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope you are ok and that you get through this without damage. I hope you are already at the hospital, but if not you must go there straight away. Please don't die. You're have so much to offer! From talking to you I can tell that you are a great person. You can pm me any time. Get well soon. I'm thinking of you. x

Hello there fellow atheist. I don't know what <Mod Edit: Abacus21 - quotes edited post> is, but I heard that taking drugs to kill yourself is a bad idea. It's a worse idea than trying to kill yourself to begin with. It can do serious damage to your organs, and although it may not matter if you ultimately want to kill yourself, but suppose something amazing happened in your life and you decided to change your mind? You would still be suffering organ damage and that wouldn't make much sense would it?

I am with you though with the whole, 'you are going to hell' thing and 'I will try to save you' and 'god has a purpose for you' crap. Why can't people see that we really don't believe in god? It's so annoying.

I joined this athiest forum if your interested. I don't have to worry about people saying the above mentioned stuff there and you can talk about whatever the hell you like and they are really knowledgable about stuff.
http://atheists.com/modules.php?name=Forums

If I was in the UK, I would love to just go hang out. I was thinking the same thing actually. Unfortunatey, I'm in the states. If you were in Georgia, we would be hanging out tonight:biggrin: I don't even have any friends here and I've lived here all my 21 years (except for 2).
Yes, christians are VERY annoying (no offense but it's the truth).

I can't bite my tongue enough to refrain from asking people to just grow up. It's okay to have religion in YOUR life but don't make comments like "If you commit suicide you are going to hell". It's honestly the most unintelligent thing anyone can ever say and it pisses me off thoroughly. I'm not really an atheist but I am strongly anti religion. I do acknowledge that it does provide hope and meaning for some people which is good, but when that hope and meaning becomes an arrogant 'What I think is what everyone else should think' attitude then that's when I become angry.

Sorry, I just had to say that. Anyways I see no problem with suicide. But I do feel it's better to live your life peacefully and spiritually so that when you do die you become one with the universe (most of you won't get that but yeah).

Suicide isn't going to get you anywhere. To me it's just like restarting a level in a video game because you don't like how things are going and would like to try again.

LeaveMeAlone

I left the hospital against medical advice, I didn't even wait for the paper work to discharge myself. They treated me like total shit. The police might come round later to section me tho at least then they have to put me in the psych ward.

Viper

Suicide isn't going to get you anywhere. To me it's just like restarting a level in a video game because you don't like how things are going and would like to try again.
I don't think I agree with your analogy. It would be more like taking away the batteries and never bringing them back. The good news is that you will never realize the batteries are gone. The bad news is that the batteries will never go back in. Thats what death is. So don't treat it like you are "starting over." There is only 1 life, not infinitely many which start over when you die.

^^^I disagree.

Even though I don't believe in God I do believe in an afterlife. This type of thing can actually be pretty much proven, but hey, don't believe me. Do your research.

kath

Hey im sorry you were having such a hard time LMA.ive just been wondering how that you are doing now?

Take care
kath

Esmeralda

O.K. I DO believe in God, but it totally pisses me off as well when people say "you are going to Hell". Being a Christian (Catholic), "Judge not lest you be judged" means a great deal to me. To me, that passage means that if I actually take it upon myself to "judge" someone, then God will judge me equally harshly, which (believe me) I don't f'ing need. I can have an opinion about a certain lifestyle, belief, etc., but the moment that I take it upon myself to actually judge someone (a.k.a., sentence them in my mind/heart to whatever punishment I think they deserve), then that is the point where I am no longer acting as a Christian IMHO. My job is to love people; that is what the Bible essentially says. Even without religion, that is what we as humans should strive for, if only for the betterment of society. So, God or not, our job as people is to have a certain affection for our fellow individuals. If we do this, then I think we are fulfilling our human destiny in a way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00