Sorry I just feel really down and I wanted to look for someone to talk to

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Kiki, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Kiki

Kiki New Member

Hi, I'm 17 years old, I'm a senior in high school and I'm just having a bad night I guess. I've been doing really well with my depression lately I thought but right now I just feel terrible. I don't know why. But I feel like my whole body is just incredibly fat and bloated and severely just obese and hidious. I feel like I have nothing but acne covering my face and I have a problem when I'm uncomfortable with how I look I scratch at my skin which I feel just makes me uglier and I can't stop. I feel so worthless and pathetic and I really don't know what to do with my self. I've been eating less and less but I feel like all I'm doing is gaining more weight and I'm just a lazy idiot, I'm never going to go anywhere in my life I feel like I'm going to end up flunking out of school and I'm going to live on the streets where I'll live alone and eventually die alone, that's my biggest fear and I just feel so incredibly numb right now, as if I don't even exist. I just want someone to talk to, even if just a few minutes. Sorry I know my words are all jumbled and it doesn't make sense but I feel like I have no where to turn.

2. MyCatWillMissMe

MyCatWillMissMe Well-Known Member

Hey there and welcome. I'm sorry you are having a rough time. Most of us all had acne in our youth and it sucks but it goes away. Eating less and less isn't a good way to lose weight because you'll just end up porking out from starvation. If you are overweight and it bothers you, try to just eat better things and do a little more physical activity. I'm not talking about running on a treadmill, that's super boring shit, but anything like swimming or throwing a Frisbee in a park is better than sitting and watching tv. From my experience when I was young, getting a dog helped me lose weight because I could take her out to run around and play.

As far as the doomsday predictions, I don't know your family situation but at 17 your world isn't coming to an end. We have people here in their 40s and 50s who are still trying to figure out what they are doing for work. Whether you can go to school or learn a trade or just find a decent job, just think about what you're passionate about and what you're good at, and don't say you aren't good at anything because that's impossible. Drawing, writing, music, programming, cooking...I guarantee you are good at something.

3. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

Hi there, I really feel sorry for your situation. I wish I could console you but don't know what to say. I am just one of the member of SF who is having a hard time.
    I just want to say welcome to the forum. Please keep posted and share your feelings. HUGS !

4. Asdlax

Asdlax INFJ 1w2

"I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within."
    "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
    "True beauty is in the eye of the beholder... but those who only see skin-deep are serious short sighted."

Those are a few of my favourite quotes. First of all, a reminder: Looks aren't everything.

Would you want a partner that stays with you only for your appearance? If you do, then we have nothing more to talk about. But you see, even a book is a lot more than just its cover. Heck! So are we. You get to decide your own worth, don't ever discredit yourself by only judging your outermost layer. In time it will corrupt what actually matters - your character, your personality.

Secondly, unstable self-esteem is very common in the presence depression. Believe- you are so much more than you realise. Depression ruins everybody, it clouds our judgement, isolating us from friends and everything that we used to enjoy. Often at the company of drastically falling confidence, insecurity magnifies or kicks in. If you cannot make anything productive out of your time alone, SEEK company of others. Reach out to someone you can trust. Talk to them. Don't let this drown you deeper into depression. Gradually your feelings will improve, old hobbies and motivation will come back, you then can begin to rebuild your life and form healthy relationships again.

I'm here if you still need someone to talk to. Feel free to hit me with everything you got.

Thauoy likes this.
  5. Striking

Striking Well-Known Member

Hi. So what brought on this latest attack? Can you pinpoint the trigger?

I find depression to be the sucker punch of life. I never really know when its going to hit me hard.

A friend asked me who would ever love her for the scars that she had from years of cutting. I told her that the ones that truly love you will not even see those scars. But when they do, it will remind them of your struggles and how they made you into the person who is joyfully in their life today.

How we precieve ourselves is not necessarily how others perceive us. Give yourself a break and be kind to you.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi @Kiki and welcome to the forum! Glad you decided to join. If you are having severe issues with your weight I would advise you to see your doctor. Exercise every day and eat plently fruit and vegatables, if you still don't lose weight see your regular doctor and they will try and assist you, there is a prescription tablet called xenical and it can make a huge difference, I stopped using it due to side effects but some people swear by it and please keep in mind that it is the beauty on the inside that people recognise, a doctor could probably prescribe something for the acne too. You are welcome to message me anytime you like. I am happy you are here and reaching out for support. Good luck to you.